Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
SupermanScott
SupermanScott began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST Glowlifht
A question for anyone who has rooted their Nook using NookManager

Hi guys

I'm new to this rooting malarkey, and having a go at rooting my Nook ST Glowlight using NookManager.

Hoping someone who has done it before may be able to help me out with an answer to a quick question.

After rooting my Nook Simple Touch (with Glowlight) using NookManager, I now need to install NTGAppsAttack to use the Google market.

According to the thread here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2086582

this is where I should be :

Unzip the NTGAppsAttack zip file into the the root of your NookManager microSD card
Power off your Nook
Insert NookManager microSD card into your Nook
Power on your Nook and let NookManager load
From the main NookManager screen select More, then Custom, then Install NTGappsAttack

So I've done as far as the Power on your Nook and let NookManager load, however I have no Custom option under the More option if I'm booting from the Nook Manager SD card.

The options I have when I select More, are <- About NookManager B&N Apps -> <- Back

There is no custom under any of them, so I dunno how I can install NTGAppsAttack.

Can anyone shed any light ?

Thanks a lot.

Scott
SupermanScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
dotdavid
dotdavid began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I did this first time I rooted my Nook. Turned out I hadn't unzipped the NTGAppsAttack properly - it needs to be extracted to the root of the sdcard.

Hope this helps.
dotdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 01:40 AM   #3
greyshrimp
greyshrimp began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
i am having the same problem but im honestly confused as to what the root is at this point ... and there is nothing that needs to be extracted that i can see other than services and such in the deep directories .....

i have been messing with my nook simple touch for about 4 hours now and everywhere i look its says root and i have tried the custom folder because that was the name of the main folder i got it in which didnt work then i tried the main directory which would make sense as the root sure but that didnt work either .... and at this point i am just really frustrated i guess
greyshrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
hunnymonster
Zealot
hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 wifi, K3 3G, K Touch, K Paperwhite
Root is the base directory of your SD card so of it's in your PC as D: then unzip it to D:\
hunnymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I have exactly the same problem and I did unzip it directly onto the SDCard, which was the E drive

I see Custom/Menu/ then Custom, Custom Sample and NTGSAppsAttackVERSION.

If anyone has any ideas i'd be grateful as so far i can't use the browser for any webs site and I was hoping to get to the google play store.

Thanks
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Instructions I am following say

Make sure your NookManager and NTGAppsAttack versions match (see above).
Make sure your have rooted your Nook with NookManager and all is working correctly.
Deauthorize any readers you have installed and authorized with your Adobe ID.
Unzip the NTGAppsAttack zip file into the the root of your NookManager microSD card
Power off your Nook
Insert NookManager microSD card into your Nook
Power on your Nook and let NookManager load
From the main NookManager screen select More, then Custom, then Install NTGappsAttack
If all goes well, select Back, Back, Exit, eject your microSD card and let your Nook boot

The line in red is the issue, I don't see a More option at all. I do see a Custom but its on the main screen, not within a More folder
Old 06-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I have it now, for anyone else thats confused its not a folder called More. Its a process.

When the Nook Manager loads it brings up the same options as when we rooted the Nook in the first place. On the left side of the Nook are the words Root and More with arrows, if you select the More arrow then go to the next screen you see a Custom Arrow, select that then the next option is Instal NTGappsAttack. Let the instal happen then back out thought the exit options.

The reboot and carry on
Old 06-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #8
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
I rooting my ST using NookManager 0.5.0 and everything seemed to go fine. When I boot up now I get a choice of Home or Relaunch. Since Home takes me to B&N screens I choose Relaunch. I do not see the "More" option that everyone is discussing. From Relaunch I go to a screen that looks like a possible Android equivalent of Windows explorer with additional icons for Home, tools, installed apps etc. Nothing I have tried takes me to a screen with a menu choice of "more". If I have the SD card in with NTGAppsAttack unzipped into the root drive I see it as if it were a directory. I can View the scripts but I can't execute them. Any hints on where I went wrong? ........Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #9
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
I rooting my ST using NookManager 0.5.0 and everything seemed to go fine. When I boot up now I get a choice of Home or Relaunch. Since Home takes me to B&N screens I choose Relaunch. I do not see the "More" option that everyone is discussing. From Relaunch I go to a screen that looks like a possible Android equivalent of Windows explorer with additional icons for Home, tools, installed apps etc. Nothing I have tried takes me to a screen with a menu choice of "more". If I have the SD card in with NTGAppsAttack unzipped into the root drive I see it as if it were a directory. I can View the scripts but I can't execute them. Any hints on where I went wrong? ........Jackie
I can't remember exactly now as I ended up not liking the routed Touch so restored mine back back to factory settings but I remember that you needed the follow the same path as the original rooting. What I was doing wrong initially is when I downloaded the NTGApps file and saved it to my pc, i then needed to extract it directly into the root drive, leaving the zip file on my pc, not put it in the root drive and then extract it.

Then when you reboot and the Nook Manager loads it brings up the same options as when you rooted the Nook in the first place. Four words on the screen two left, two right. On the left side of the Nook are the words Root and More with arrows, if you select the More arrow then go to the next screen you see a Custom Arrow, select that then the next option is Instal NTGappsAttack. Let the instal happen then back out through the exit options.