Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-25-2013, 03:58 AM   #1
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Chess game on KT

Anyone else having problems with the chess game lately on the KT?
I've been having a lot of fun with it but now after about a dozen moves the
chess board goes to blank, and I have to start over.
Wondering if it's a glitch or what.
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
Thane1
Connoisseur
Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
You are not alone, other people have had the same problem.
It's a flaw introduced with most recent Kobo Touch/Glo/Mini firmware. It's an inconsistent flaw, sometimes it ‘borks’ up after a few moves, other times it does just as you start boxing it in during the endgame phase. If you do manage to defeat the computer (or Kobo in this case) it never gives you the win screen.

No when Kobo will issue a revised firmware to address this and other (check out the thread listing other firmware faults) issues.
Thane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Red face

Thanks Thane1, good to know I'm not alone. Oh well , won't bother with it anymore until something's done, it's way too frustrating. I must be honest and say no, I haven't won against Kobo yet, I'm not very good at it.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Hi Katel,

I also had a lot of fun with the chess game. Actually I tended to play more than to read. In this sense, it is perhaps not a bad thing for me that the game is broken .

This will not solve the problem, but do you know Lucas Chess Portable (http://portableapps.com/apps/games/lucas-chess-portable)? As it is a portable app you can put it on a usb for the laptop or, of course, play it with your desktop pc. There is a quite good tutor function.

At least, until Kobo removes bugs in the last update!
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
BWinmill
Nameless Being

You may be able to solve the problem by downgrading to the 2.3 firmware. I can't speak for the chess game, but bugs crept into sudoku when the 2.4 firmware was released.
Advert
Old 04-01-2013, 03:36 AM   #6
Katel
Evangelist

Thanks Arios and Bwinmill. I think I might give that app a go Arios, I could
really do with some tutoring as right now a clued up 6 yr old could beat me. I'm just too lazy to plan strategies ahead, but would love to improve.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Thank you BWinmill,

Yes, you are right: the bug is linked to the 2.4 firmware. I know it is possible to downgrade, but I would not do that for a simple chess game .

Katel, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with Lucas-Chess and what I like the most is the learning opportunity it provides.

Have a nice week both!
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote