Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #946
DHNightshadow
Zealot
DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyager
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaros View Post
Monster Hunter is common, but haven't seen Monster hunt yet I think...
Did send you the Monster Hunt, please send it back.
Thanks

On Planet Baen Mercurius
DHNightshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #947
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHNightshadow View Post
Did send you the Monster Hunt, please send it back.
Thanks

On Planet Baen Mercurius
Thank you very much.
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #948
gdimike
gdimike doesn't littergdimike doesn't littergdimike doesn't litter

Device: nook classic, kobo Wifi, Kindle, Kindle Touch
I'm finally in. My name is Togarishi.
gdimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:00 AM   #949
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I "paused" just hours before Sandy hit, two weeks ago.

Good thing I did -- power was out for one week, phone/internet connection was out for two weeks. I'm just now catching up (just collected 214 emails) and I'll be back in action probably tomorrow.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #950
DHNightshadow
Zealot
DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyager
For all paused players. There are new levels out on the planet.
DHNightshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #951
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
thanks. might need to come play again (after all, I only have many, many more coupon codes than i'll ever need; just got tired of being stuck treading water).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #952
ludovicus
ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5, Fire HD 10, Sony PRS-T1
Started playing, under the same name as here, Ludovicus.

Please join my alliance!

Last edited by ludovicus; 01-06-2013 at 09:57 PM.
ludovicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #953
JeffZ
Zealot
JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Planet Baen is shutting down at the end of February. As of tonight, all of the levels have been enabled without projects.
JeffZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #954
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Here's the announcement...

http://baen.com/planetbaen-022013.asp
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #955
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've got to admit, I never saw what was in it for them.

Still, it was nice to earn some free books!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #956
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I would guess Baen made the game to give their ebooks more exposure. It doesn't surprise me that they're shutting it down, though. There's only so many books they can give away!
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #957
scottken
Addict
scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook color
I would assume that at this point Baen is re-evaluating their giveaway strategies. Although they pioneered this as an ebook marketing device, now that they've partnered with Amazon I would bet we'll see their freebies targeted there. With self-pub authors using amazon giveaways and temporary low price points to create best-sellers, such as Hugh Howey with Wool, there's no reason that Baen, if they're willing to do temporary giveaways, as they do, shouldn't have lots of titles on those top 100 amazon lists.
scottken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #958
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I suspect it also became a problem that the game appealed mostly to those already buying their books (and most became frustrated and quit, after leveling out, which limited growth as newcomers balanced those leaving).

It did, for a while, get a few books out to new people - but they can probably dwarf the entire campaign by simply picking any one book to discount or offer free at Amazon (and they should be able to add their books to the KLL, the same as any other small publisher, which gets them 5 free days and 90 days of rental income).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #959
kaleissin
Connoisseur
kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wi-Fi, Kobo Glo
Well, I'm unpaused and will be at level 30 in two turns or so, I won't be trying for 35. So long and thanks for all the fish! I think I'll miss the game, especially the names on my alliance list. Pity there was no in-game way of communicating.

If you new ones are a few short of a level divisible by five, reply, and I'll give the last gifts to you before I sign off the game for the last time.
kaleissin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #960
cromag

It was fun, kaleissin!