Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #1
senthil
senthil began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
How to Register Nook tablet in india

Hello Experts,

Could guys help me registering the Nook Tablet in india(chennai ). or let me know how to sideload and activate the Nook tablet ?

Many thanks in Advance

Best
Sen
senthil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:33 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by senthil View Post
Hello Experts,

Could guys help me registering the Nook Tablet in india(chennai ). or let me know how to sideload and activate the Nook tablet ?

Many thanks in Advance

Best
Sen
You can register the Nook Tablet anywhere in the world. There are no restrictions. You will of course need a Wifi connection.

If you want to buy ebooks from B&N register your B&N account with an US shipping and billing address. Any valid US address will do, just Google something. The billing address is not checked, so you Idian credit card will work fine.
Install an VPN like Hotspot Shield (free) or alwaysVPN ($8.50) on your PC. To buy ebooks first start the VPN, when the VPN is active go to the B&N website to buy ebooks. You can use the Wifi connection of the Nook to download the ebooks to the Nook.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #3
senthil

Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
You can register the Nook Tablet anywhere in the world. There are no restrictions. You will of course need a Wifi connection.

If you want to buy ebooks from B&N register your B&N account with an US shipping and billing address. Any valid US address will do, just Google something. The billing address is not checked, so you Idian credit card will work fine.
Install an VPN like Hotspot Shield (free) or alwaysVPN ($8.50) on your PC. To buy ebooks first start the VPN, when the VPN is active go to the B&N website to buy ebooks. You can use the Wifi connection of the Nook to download the ebooks to the Nook.
Hello

Thanks for the Quick response. I have the nook touch tablet with me and when i try to register it says an error and contact Tech Support. i tried to contact tech support they response was i can not able to register/activate nook tablet in india. Can you let me know how its easy to register/activate the nook in india? Thanks in advance.

Best
Sen
Old 04-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #4
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hello

Thanks for the Quick response. I have the nook touch tablet with me and when i try to register it says an error and contact Tech Support. i tried to contact tech support they response was i can not able to register/activate nook tablet in india. Can you let me know how its easy to register/activate the nook in india? Thanks in advance.

Best
Sen
Make sure your B&N account is registered with an US shipping and billing address (I am not sure this is needed for just registration, but try it anyway).
Make sure you have a working Wifi connection. Registration usually will not work with public Wifi hot spots that have a confirmation web page. A private Wifi connection will work best. Are you using your own Wifi router?

Last edited by geertm; 04-09-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
senthil

Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
Make sure your B&N account is registered with an US shipping and billing address (I am not sure this is needed for just registration, but try it anyway).
Make sure you have a working Wifi connection. Registration usually will not work with public Wifi hot spots that have a confirmation web page. A private Wifi connection will work best. Are you using your own Wifi router?
The B&N registered with an us billing and shipping address. and am using my oen private Wifi connection. any other points i may be look keen on?

Best
Sen
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #6
geertm
Guru

Quote:
The B&N registered with an us billing and shipping address. and am using my oen private Wifi connection. any other points i may be look keen on?

Best
Sen
Are you getting a specific error number?