Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
thewriterkid
thewriterkid began at the beginning.

Device: none, yet.
Running android on microsd for nook TABLET?

I don't know the correct terminology here (root, hack, dual boot, etc), but can I run andorid on a micro sd card on the nook tablet? I know it works for the nook color, but is this option available for the tablet too? If so, will it void my warranty? Thanks for the help!
thewriterkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Nope - this (so far) isn't possible on the Nook Tablet. B&N built the Nook Tablet differently than the Nook Color. The Nook color is able to run an unsigned operating system (o/s) from the SD card; the Nook Tablet is unable to run an "unsigned" o/s (it is possible that it could run a signed o/s - but only B&N would have the ability to sign it (sign = encode with a key that has already been hard-programed into the Nook Tablet).

On other devices that required signed/encoding, there have been loopholes found (other android phones). Some effort is being made to find/discover a loophole, but it is unclear how much effort (this happens in a relatively unorganized manner) and many believe it unlikely to be successful.

At any rate, the simple answer is > NO.
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert