Notices

Old 01-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
tolyluis
Enthusiast
tolyluis doesn't littertolyluis doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Request: Reorder spanish recipes in futures releases of Calibre

Hi all.

I love Calibre and their recipes, is a amazing discovery for my Kindle habits, but, seriously search any spanish (not latinamerican) recipe news is a madness nowadays.

I propose reorder them, It will be posible reorder them with codes like es-es, es-uy, es-ar, etc. like the english recipes are?, because, honestly, I don't care about local news from Chiguagua, Mexico for example (with all my respects to mexican people, hermanos) .

I take care about the big work about this, but it will be great to see the recipes ordered in more confortable form. I wish to help if it was needed.
tolyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look in the resources/recipes sub folder of your calibre install. There you will find all the builtin recipe files. Take all the spanish ones and change the langugae variable in them, to look like

language = 'es_UY'

or whatever and post the modified recipes here, I'll take care of the rest.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
tolyluis
Enthusiast

Thanks kovidgoyal for the quick reply. Is great to have a solution for this, I'll be working around it in this cold weekend

Ok, nowadays I have made a couple of interesting recipes from spanish webs not published yet, and I don't want to release it very quickly, for not saturate the recipes forum with new threads. I'll center my works about this question to get a properly solution.

I'll post the results and my doubts if I have.

Thanks again.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:33 AM   #4
tolyluis
Enthusiast

Well, I've the list of .recipes to change, it's the attachment.

I tried to change the language tag from "es" to "es_ES" with Calibre closed in the 20minutos.recipe but nothing happens to restart Calibre, it remains in "Español, castellano" tag, how can I change this and change how Calibre shows the recipe changed in their correct place?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Spanish recipes.txt (2.6 KB, 222 views)
Old 01-30-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

changing it yourself wont make any difference. I have to make the changes fo rthe next calibre release. Just upload the changed recipes here as a zip file.
Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
tolyluis
Enthusiast

No problem with that, I'll wait to the next release to see the changes.

Thanks, anyway
Old 01-31-2011, 01:12 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolyluis View Post
No problem with that, I'll wait to the next release to see the changes.
There won't be any changes unless you change each recipe per Kovid's advice, then zip them up and attach them to a post. Once that is done Kovid can make the changes to the back end for it to work as you described for everyone.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:57 AM   #8
tolyluis
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
There won't be any changes unless you change each recipe per Kovid's advice, then zip them up and attach them to a post. Once that is done Kovid can make the changes to the back end for it to work as you described for everyone.
Sorry, there was a misunderstanding by my part at the first time I red the kovidgoyal's post, at second read I understood that he wants the changed recipes, and I'm working on it (i'm on "d" letter now). At night I'll try to complete the changes in the recipes. When I finish the task, I'll upload the zipped recipes in this thread.

Just one question, what recipe is for David Bravo's Blog? I don't find it.

Last edited by tolyluis; 01-31-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:08 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That's ok, I made the changes anyway, myself, they'll be in the next release.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:32 PM   #10
tolyluis
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That's ok, I made the changes anyway, myself, they'll be in the next release.
That's awesome news
Old 02-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #11
tolyluis
Enthusiast

Thank you

Thanks Kovid and all developers/maintainers team for the changes made, it looks fantastic and confortable for all spanish readers now!

(Picture taken on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64 bits right now)
Old 02-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're welcome