Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #46
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I have synced to mine Seattle Times, issues for Nov. 2, 6, 14.. I thought it was a daily paper.. :P
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #47
thepossum
Zealot
thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo
Since my iPhone app STILL wouldn't download the new issue, I deleted it from my phone and reinstalled from scratch. NOW it downloaded the new issues.
thepossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #48
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepossum View Post
Since my iPhone app STILL wouldn't download the new issue, I deleted it from my phone and reinstalled from scratch. NOW it downloaded the new issues.
I've reset my KT and reinstalled everything the other night so there should be no reason that I don't have every issue since Nov.2. :P
Old 11-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #49
mayamo
mayamo began at the beginning.

has the issue been resolved yet?
I'd like to subscribe, but I don't want to waste my free trial
mayamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #50
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamo View Post
has the issue been resolved yet?
I'd like to subscribe, but I don't want to waste my free trial
I'd give it another couple of days. Got mine this morning early, so it's moving the right direction, but I'd give it a couple of days to make sure it's stable.

@Xennex1170 - I don't think we'll ever get our back issues at this point. I'll be just as happy to not be charged for them and get our new ones coming on a stable basis.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 04:42 AM   #51
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I'd give it another couple of days. Got mine this morning early, so it's moving the right direction, but I'd give it a couple of days to make sure it's stable.

@Xennex1170 - I don't think we'll ever get our back issues at this point. I'll be just as happy to not be charged for them and get our new ones coming on a stable basis.
I was on a 2 week trial during the missing issues period. I wonder when I'll be charged for my subscriptions. I got the past 2 days newspaper so I'm hoping there will be no more major hiccups..
Old 11-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #52
thepossum
Zealot
thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

If the past few days are any indication, it looks like they've finally got a handle on the newspaper delivery. My Toronto Star has been available on time (by approx. 7am Eastern "Toronto" time).

Hopefully my credit card won't be billed until loooong after my next due date of November 30.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #53
thepossum
Zealot

... aaaaand for what it's worth, today's Toronto Star is an hour late (and counting) today

edit: downloaded just before 9am

Last edited by thepossum; 11-29-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #54
thepossum
Zealot

Six days after the last delayed issue, today's Toronto Star is delayed. So I've currently got my Kobo Touch on the charger, so that as I keep refreshing my battery doesn't run down on me.

And I opened up my iPhone Kobo app, and found a weirdness. I haven't used that app for a while, and my subscription appears to be split into two pieces now. The older one has 7 issues dating November 24 though December 1, and the newer one has 3 issues dating December 2 through December 4. Yesterday's issue is not there, even though it downloaded just fine to my Kobo Touch.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #55
thepossum
Zealot

Do I take the silence today regarding newspapers that mine is the only account affected? Or that it's been happening so much to everybody that nobody but me cares any more?
Old 12-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #56
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, I'm with you today (National Post). It's worked fine since they got it and running last time, but this morning it downloaded partial versions of previous issues and nothing at all for today. I tried re-opening an old ticket (closed end of Nov) thinking I might manage to skip the 48 hours (min) that starting something new would take to even get to someone who might be able to do something about it, but I haven't heard back yet.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:08 AM   #57
thepossum
Zealot

And... 7am Eastern time Wednesday, and STILL no Tuesday or Wednesday editions.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #58
rod_o
rod_o began at the beginning.

globe trial

Thanks guys for posting all this info - I started a subscription on the weekend, Monday everything was fine, Tuesday it was a little late, Wednesday I haven't seen anything yet... Glad to find these issues out while on trial - haven't heard a response back from support.

Question though - how does the sync work on the kobo ereader? Can you rely on it auto-downloading, or need to do it manually? There is the option to sync subscriptions daily and I only have wifi until I leave home, so if I need to do something manually, I will probably forget. Seems to kill the battery too - so would you turn wifi on to download, then off?
rod_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #59
robko
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod_o View Post
Question though - how does the sync work on the kobo ereader? Can you rely on it auto-downloading, or need to do it manually? There is the option to sync subscriptions daily and I only have wifi until I leave home, so if I need to do something manually, I will probably forget. Seems to kill the battery too - so would you turn wifi on to download, then off?
Depends which Kobo you have. If you have the option to sync daily I'm assuming you have the Wifi. With the Wifi you have to leave the Kobo in sleep mode rather than "OFF" for it to automatically download. This will use a little more battery. Can't remember if you need to leave the wifi connection on or not. It does work well one way or the other.
The Kobo Touch unfortunately doesn't have the auto-download option (which I miss) so you have to remember to sync before you leave home. At least it's a faster process to do this on the Touch vs. the wifi.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:13 AM   #60
thepossum
Zealot

Thursday's Toronto Star downloaded on time this morning, but there is no trace of Tuesday's or Wednesday's issues. Monday's issue downloaded fine on Monday to my Kobo Touch, but it won't download onto my iPhone. So that's either two days' or three days' worth of missing issues. And, no surprise here, no response whatsoever from the unhelpful help team for my trouble ticket opened yesterday.

edit: While today's issue DID download to my Kobo Touch, it will NOT download to my iPhone Kobo app

Last edited by thepossum; 12-08-2011 at 07:56 AM.