Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-09-2010, 04:42 AM   #1
major.tal
major.tal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Can't get series to show on kindle 3

Hi all,

I was very happy to learn about the new plugboards feature but I can't get it to work!!!
I added:
{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
to any format:kindle
(thanks to the cool recipes!)

but the kindle only shows the title and author.
Using MOBI format

Also trying to set the save template to {author_sort}/{series} {series_index} - {title}
and the device plugins for both kindle and kindle2/3 (which one do I need) to:
{author_sort}/{series} {series_index} - {title}

Please help!

Tal.
major.tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:38 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.tal View Post
I was very happy to learn about the new plugboards feature but I can't get it to work!!!
I added:
{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
to any format:kindle
(thanks to the cool recipes!)

but the kindle only shows the title and author.
Using MOBI format
You must use KINDLE2 instead of KINDLE. KINDLE is for the Kindle 1.

The plugboard editor in the latest release of calibre will tell you which driver your device is using. Plug the device in, then after calibre recognizes it, go to preferences -> plugboards. You will see the message "Device currently connected: (something)", where in your case (something) will be KINDLE2.

As for the save templates, also set the one for KINDLE2. However, doing so will affect only the path used to save the books, not what the kindle displays.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2010, 08:47 AM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
I use calibre only for conversion. I don't maintain my library with it. So for me, using a Plugboard to merge the series with the title when I Save to Disk works. I use the following:

Format: mobi
Device: save_to_disk
Source template: {series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}
Destination field: title

With this, "The Singing Sands" by Josephine Tey, her 6th Alan Grant novel, is displayed on my Kindle as "Alan Grant [06] - The Singing Sands"
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
major.tal
major.tal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thank you thank you @chaley!

How silly of me not to select Kindle 2 for my Kindle 3...

Tal.

Last edited by major.tal; 10-09-2010 at 02:39 PM.
major.tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.tal View Post
How silly of me not to select Kindle 2 for my Kindle 3...
Oh indeed, so silly.

Wait until there is a Kindle 4. That will be hidden somewhere equally obvious. Perhaps the NOTME device.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kindle, mobi, plugboards, series order