Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 01:40 AM   #1
mattgam
Enthusiast
mattgam began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505,Cybook Gen 3, Astak Pocket Pro
changing font size in the new firmware

I feel like I'm doing something wrong so I thought I'd ask. I grabbed the 11/05 firmware from astak and flashed my pocketpro with it.

After flashing my reader shows the date time settings and its defaulting to times for the font. When reading a epub I'm finding that I have to do a long press of the 8 key (seems like 10+ seconds) and then there is a very long pause and the font size increases. Before the upgrade I found the font would increas in size much quicker. Are others seeing this?

Second question in another thread on the new firmware people mention setting the font size in settings. I'm not seeing where you do that. Can someone help me with what I'm missing?

Last question, are people seeing epubs defaulting to justified for word spacing? Before the flash I wasn't seeing this.

thanks!
Matt

Last edited by mattgam; 11-12-2009 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Added question on justification
mattgam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #2
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
The "Zoom" item on the menu is really font size.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
The "Zoom" item on the menu is really font size.
Yes, but it also zooms images to match the font change if they are small images. Images quit zooming if they get too big for the screen.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #4
mattgam
Enthusiast
mattgam began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505,Cybook Gen 3, Astak Pocket Pro
I'll mess around with it some tonight. Hopefully the next round of firmware makes the #8 button work with just a tap again!
mattgam is offline   Reply With Quote