Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Embedding fonts with Sigil?

Hi all,
I'm very new to this, so if I ask a question that sounds particularly uninformed, it's because I am! Your help is greatly appreciated.

I have created an eBook in Adobe InDesign, and exported to ePub, and now am trying to clean it up (chapter breaks, and checking the formatting) in Sigil.

I can see in the CSS file that the two fonts I've used in the formatting have been specified correctly, but I'm assuming they're displaying correctly in Sigil because they're active on my system. To make them portable to a reader device, I assume I have to copy the font files themselves to the "Font" folder, but is this enough to make them display correctly? Do I need to add a line to the CSS file to direct the device to look for the font files?
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:44 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
To make them portable to a reader device, I assume I have to copy the font files themselves to the "Font" folder, but is this enough to make them display correctly? Do I need to add a line to the CSS file to direct the device to look for the font files?
Yes, you need specific CSS. You can for instance look at the Three Men in a Boat epub to see how it's done.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2010, 08:05 AM   #3
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Thanks Valloric. Much appreciated.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:01 AM   #4
pixiesteps
pixiesteps began at the beginning.

Device: iphone/ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Thanks Valloric. Much appreciated.
Valloric, everyone talks about importing things such as fonts or html files into Sigil, but I cannot work out how to do this or find any menu options, can you please help me? Also can you please tell me if there are any step by step instructions anywhere on how to embed fonts and declare them in Sigil.

Thanking you ahead. Pixie
pixiesteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:16 AM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiesteps View Post
Valloric, everyone talks about importing things such as fonts or html files into Sigil, but I cannot work out how to do this or find any menu options, can you please help me?
Book Browser right-click menu -> Add Existing Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiesteps View Post
Also can you please tell me if there are any step by step instructions anywhere on how to embed fonts and declare them in Sigil.
There are many posts that describe the procedure. This is a good thread to start.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert