Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-03-2010, 01:44 AM   #1
troymc
Groupie
troymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505 + B&N Nook + Motion LE1700 + Motorola Xoom Wifi
Comments in source

Ok, I like to comment my source. That way I know what colour pill I took just before I wrote that particular section of code/prose.

However, something in Sigil (HTML Tidy?) seems to think it knows where my comments go better than I do.

It seems to always move my comments and append them the line above - as so:
Code:
    <h2> yada </h2>
<!-- Section 1 -->
    <p> yada yada yada</p>
<!-- Section 2 -->
    <p> yada yada yada again</p>
becomes:

Code:
  <h2>yada</h2><!-- Section 1 -->

<p>yada yada yada</p><!-- Section 2 -->

<p>yada yada yada again</p>
This makes me very angry & frustrated and I tend to punch my monitors when I get frustrated and angry. And I have a very nice pair of 24" Acer LCDs that I have been abusing all week.

I know where my comments go - they go right where I put them. [unless there's some XHTML standard somewhere that states comments are restricted to the end of lines...]

Please help me make it stop and help save my monitors!

Troy
troymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:28 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymc View Post
This makes me very angry & frustrated and I tend to punch my monitors when I get frustrated and angry. And I have a very nice pair of 24" Acer LCDs that I have been abusing all week.

I'm guessing this is caused by QDom, not Tidy. As such, it will probably go away when I switch to Xerces for the internal DOM (this should happen soon).
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
troymc
Groupie
troymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505 + B&N Nook + Motion LE1700 + Motorola Xoom Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post

I'm guessing this is caused by QDom, not Tidy. As such, it will probably go away when I switch to Xerces for the internal DOM (this should happen soon).
Thanks!

I will go practice patience!
Auummmmm....

Troy
troymc is offline   Reply With Quote