Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #31
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Most definitely. The device is useless without one.
Useless?? Hardly!! It will be quite a shock when the six million owners discover they have a useless device!

Last edited by Skydog; 01-31-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:10 AM   #32
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Quote:
Most definitely. The device is useless without one.
Not if you make use of Dropbox and Wifi file explorer to move Content on/off the KF

Last edited by salsaguy; 01-31-2012 at 01:12 AM. Reason: typeo thanks to KF autocorrect
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2012, 01:46 AM   #33
gilly78201
gilly78201 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
I'm really curious as to what apple will do with their ipad 2 once the ipad 3 comes out. I keep reading that apple plan to lower the price to compete with the kindle fire. then I read about a new smaller ipad, but people have shot down that rumor. I'd be into buying the ipad 2, but its got to be at least $250....maybe, and a big maybe..$300
gilly78201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:07 AM   #34
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrigonz View Post
"Useless"?

Not sure what exactly you want to do with a kindle Fire but I find it very useful with or without the SD slot.
Watch videos on vacation. Kinda hard to do with the measly 6GB of available storage.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:12 AM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Useless?? Hardly!! It will be quite a shock when the six million owners discover they have useless device!
This is where Amazon blew it. Don't they realize that the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many?

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Not if you make use of Dropbox and Wifi file explorer to move Content on/off the KF
No can do at a state park on the Oregon coast.
Advert
Old 01-31-2012, 06:40 AM   #36
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Sounds like the Fire is not a good choice for YOU tubemonkey. Frankly, 16g, 32g, or even 64g are insufficient for video (for me) and the idea of managing piles of sd cards doesn't work for me either. Usb in would be best for that, but the wifi disk is not bad either. Maybe a wifi to usb adaptor is in the works?
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:15 AM   #37
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Quote:
This is where Amazon blew it. Don't they realize that the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many?

Sure you're already aware this exists, but the Kingston Wi-Drive seems like the obvious answer. More space, and no need for internet because it has its own signal. http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Wi-Dr...dp/B00576APBQ/

Also, those Kingston people really need to change their product description. There's no need to bring up Apple products in every sentence and never mention Android once.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:27 AM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjuly View Post
Sure you're already aware this exists, but the Kingston Wi-Drive seems like the obvious answer. More space, and no need for internet because it has its own signal. http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Wi-Dr...dp/B00576APBQ/
Added cost, added bulk.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #39
DaveSp
Enthusiast
DaveSp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
Sounds like the Fire is not a good choice for YOU tubemonkey. Frankly, 16g, 32g, or even 64g are insufficient for video (for me) and the idea of managing piles of sd cards doesn't work for me either. Usb in would be best for that, but the wifi disk is not bad either. Maybe a wifi to usb adaptor is in the works?
Same here. I was using multiple 32GB microSD cards for my Xoom tablet but switched to a wireless 500GB Seagate Satellite drive (that also works great with the Fire). Very nice in that multiple devices can use it simultaneously.

Dave
DaveSp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #40
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Great comments, guys! But just as there are different varieties in the new e-ink Kindles, accommodating different desires, I would like to see this in the KF also. BTW I am not an Apple fan, but if a 7" iPad existed, I'd be all over it! But I would prefer to have it in a Kindle!
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #41
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
While I think the Fire is a great device, I'm waiting for one with a camera. Anyone else waiting?
I think the Kindle Fire or whatever the 2nd version will be, needs more software than hardware tuning.

Fire is a tablet, but focused for reading and buying Amazon's content. So not sure how a camera will fit here or be useful.

The reading software needs tons of improvement. More RAM would be nice and making the device thinner or less heavy won't be bad either.

I'm more expecting a Mirasol device than another tablet I think. Hopefully Amazon will bring that 1st to USA.

I just don't want a device that has a bunch of stuff and was designed for reading. That's probably why I love the simplicity of my Kindle 3G keyboard. No distractions, good battery, comfortable.

Last edited by jocampo; 01-31-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Fixing an English typo
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:42 PM   #42
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:

On the occasions where you are without connections, a drive such as the 500GB Seagate GoFlex Satellite will work very well. I have one and use it regularly for the Fire and other devices.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #43
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
This is me...I have no need/want for a camera on my Fire. I don't Skype, so I don't see a need for a microphone. The Fire does everything I need for it to do. I love watching movies on it, I read on it, I play games on it, I surf on it...I don't see much else that I need.

Thats not the Only place Microphones come in handy. In Most chats ...be it Hotmail or Yahoo you Can Talk Live to the person instead of typing all the time. Even my cheep Coby has a Mic & Headphone! It also has an SD slot for up to 32 gig! So how expensive can that be to add?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #44
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
On the occasions where you are without connections, a drive such as the 500GB Seagate GoFlex Satellite will work very well. I have one and use it regularly for the Fire and other devices.
Post 38 ^
Old 01-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Thats not the Only place Microphones come in handy. In Most chats ...be it Hotmail or Yahoo you Can Talk Live to the person instead of typing all the time. Even my cheep Coby has a Mic & Headphone! It also has an SD slot for up to 32 gig! So how expensive can that be to add?
Those items are very cheap.

If Amazon is going to pull an Apple and not provide a card slot, then the least they should do is do what Apple does and offer several models - 16GB, 32GB, 64GB. This 8GB bit doesn't cut it. I could live with 16GB.