Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #16
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinspocketedge View Post
I just purchased the PE on Woot, upgraded to Ermine, etc. I tried installing a brand new out of the box 8GB microSD, and the PE said it was damaged. It offered to format it, which I chose, but then kept asking the question over and over without formatting. Don't have an SD slot on my computer to test it, so I don't know if its damaged or just formatted incorrectly. Any suggestions?
You will have to find a PC with an SD slot and Quick Format the card FAT32 for it to work. You may be able to check it and format using a cellphone.

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-25-2011 at 02:23 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:12 PM   #17
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Is there any way to scan it for bad sectors on the PE? Maybe it is damaged and needs to be returned for a refund?

(Newbie here, so don't yell at me if that's a dumb question lol)
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #18
bunodosoma
Connoisseur
bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PE,Novel,Nook Color
You could get a microsd to usb adapter to use with your computer and check it that way.
It's a good idea to have a way of accessing the microsd card on your computer anyway. Or take DianNC's suggestion and try returning for another.
bunodosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #19
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Is there any way to scan it for bad sectors on the PE? Maybe it is damaged and needs to be returned for a refund?

(Newbie here, so don't yell at me if that's a dumb question lol)
Not that I know of. However, if the SD card does have data on it here's what Entourage suggests (see attached). Essentially it is the same thing.

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-25-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #20
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunodosoma View Post
You could get a microsd to usb adapter to use with your computer and check it that way.
It's a good idea to have a way of accessing the microsd card on your computer anyway. Or take DianNC's suggestion and try returning for another.
Hopefully they have an adapter. Most new microSD cards come with one.
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #21
robinspocketedge
robinspocketedge began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Linux has a certain number of file system types it supports. So does Windows. USB and SD Cards need to be formatted in a universal file system. This means no matter what kind of computer, tablet or phone you plug the USB or SD into you can view and modify the contents. That file system is FAT32.

Android can't execute Apps off of a FAT32 partition. An SD Card (or a USB thumb drive) normally comes stock formatted FAT32. Android 2.2 (Ermine is more Froyo like) and above support a partitioned SD card, one partition being FAT32 and the other partition EXT. The larger partition is normally FAT32 and the smaller partition is EXT. The FAT32 partition is still used for universal access of data and the EXT partition is used by Android 2.2 and above for external App storage.
Is there a PC program that will do the above? I would like to maximize my use of the PE, and buy a 32gb card and partition it as above to run the apps from the SD card. What PC app do you suggest that will do this? (I run XP Pro SP3)
robinspocketedge is offline   Reply With Quote