Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 02-08-2009, 07:32 AM   #31
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney View Post
In the software projects I work on we use the term for both cases, but who knows, may be different from community to community.
That seems reasonable, but what I said is my opinion based on my own experience in cell phone software development. In that case, software needs to "workaround" bugs in the cell phone ASIC hardware. In that context "workaround" is a bit derogatory.

Quote:
So for instance an user might ask me "how do I get this report exported to Excel" and I might tell him "we do not support Excel export but you could export it to CSV and them import in Excel". So it is a workaround, even though the lack of Excel export is not a bug in our system.
That is a very good example!!! I can understand your view completely from that example.
Quote:
A workaround in my view is an alternative way to avoid an issue. An issue may be a bug, a missing feature, or anything in between (the line between a bug and a missing feature is not always very clear, anyway).
Conceded.