Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #16
amybobamy
Befuddled Neophyte
amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Nook Color
Hi there -- Hope this helps, it worked for my Literati device which is also a Kobo-powered piece.

PDF files are under the DOCUMENTS tab on my device. You might check to see what other files/tabs there are, for Kobo -- and see if your books are there.
amybobamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:09 AM   #17
angiemi
angiemi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
It is a Kobo ereader. At last I found the problem which was a corrupted database. I got a link to download the Kobo system files and did replace them. Since them, it works like a new!
angiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #18
vgmd106
vgmd106 began at the beginning.

Device: LookBook Shift3
Help please

Hi everyone just purchased this device and I am having a hard time trying to upgrade the device. It connects to the Wi-Fi but does not prompt me to upgrade. I have the 1.6 and would like to upgrade to the newest firmware. Can I upgrade using my desktop computer? I do not have Wi-Fi at home. Thanks in advance for any help.
vgmd106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:39 AM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgmd106 View Post
Hi everyone just purchased this device and I am having a hard time trying to upgrade the device. It connects to the Wi-Fi but does not prompt me to upgrade. I have the 1.6 and would like to upgrade to the newest firmware. Can I upgrade using my desktop computer? I do not have Wi-Fi at home. Thanks in advance for any help.
Install the Kobo desktop application on your PC. Then connect the device with the USB cable. Once it is recognised, the application will do a sync that should include the latest formware.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #20
lilangel
lilangel began at the beginning.

Device: lookbook
will make new post this one is old.
lilangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #21
ragtimelil
ragtimelil began at the beginning.

Where is the new post? I'm having the same problem with my LookBook.
ragtimelil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #22
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=184619
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #23
ragtimelil

Thanks, I'm on my way...
Old 01-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #24
kath reader
kath reader began at the beginning.

Device: lookbook model#1636372
help please with lookbook

I was trying to pass on my lookbook to.teenager & did factory reset to remove credit card info on KOBO and went to website and added books to library - all the free classic books but now cant get to sync - i would be happy now just to get preloaded books - how exactly (with all steps) did yyou delete the squillt file that reset your 25 books? Thanks so much for help from anyone. : )
kath reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #25
kath reader

help please with lookbook #2

Didnt see my reply get attached to related thread on squilt file deleting on lookbook - help
Old 01-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #26
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kath; the problem is most of us have no knowledge at all of the LookBook, and I think from what we've seen in the past, while it has Kobo software on it, support from either Kobo or the community is minimal.

About all I can find on the web is http://mscustomercare.com/lookbook/ and this has the cheery mention that
Quote:
RECYCLING PROGRAM

Certain components from your LookBook should be recycled rather than disposed of in the trash in order to protect the environment and comply with certain state laws. When you are prepared to dispose of your LookBook, please contact us at the number below so that we can arrange to recycle your LookBook for you. We will send you a self-addressed postage-paid mailer that you can use to return your unit for recycling. Participation in this program is free.
Call us toll-free to participate:
(800) 374-2744
Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #27
kath reader

Thanks Peter I really appreciate you being a shoulder to listen & respond - I am so close - it just wont take hitting the continue button to log in so I can sync - a real shame to have it just be recycled but I did ask about that today too : (
Old 01-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #28
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

There is also https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=184619

and

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=113212

where there have been some discussions / tips

OOPS.. Ignore that second link! It's this thread|!!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #29
ragtimelil

Gave up

I sent mine back. I tried for almost 40 hours to get it working, speaking with 4 techs on the phone for 3-4 hours. I did not give it a good review although I appreciated that the seller took it right back and refunded my money.