Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #31
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarvoke View Post
went ahead and applied the allmine-latest update:

I wonder if the camera and keyboard issues are because the device seems (at least in part) to think it is not a pocket edge anymore? but maybe thinks it has resolution of the full size device? not sure if that makes sense as all other normal screens and the reader seem fine.
I am playing with manually setting different properties in build.prop after manually overwriting /system/framework.jar with the one from allmine. So far I found that changing allmines this:

ro.product.model=Nexus One
ro.product.name=passion
ro.product.device=passion
ro.product.board=mahimahi

to this:

ro.product.model=edgejr
ro.product.name=edgejr
ro.product.device=edgejr
ro.product.board=

does result in normal keyboard.

But i have not arrived to working market yet - already had Ermine 1.01 with bits an pieces of nook-color over it, account is registered, but does not work, does not let me register another account. Doing factory reset at the moment
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #32
tarvoke
Dog Dentist
tarvoke began at the beginning.

Device: PE, GT540, VM670, GOGHVMU, Qualcomm 1600
birdheh - yes, I had the 1.01 (from http://www.edge.ympsa.com/) installed, immediately after a golden update. allmine applied just fine over it (no need for gapps.zip - I only had the allmine update.zip on the usb drive)

vldmr - nice. thank you. I was sort of suspecting it would be that. in my PE's previous mostly-good life before I recently wiped it, I had only changed fingerprint when changing build.prop, and now I wondered if those other values could be causing problems. I wonder if this isn't also the source of some weird behavior in market and in SU - in market the confirm screen used to just show up as full screen, but now shows up as a smaller dialog box; whenever an SU allow/deny dialog gets triggered, it is much smaller than it should be (cannot see the checkboxes!)
tarvoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #33
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vldmr View Post
I
But i have not arrived to working market yet - already had Ermine 1.01 with bits an pieces of nook-color over it, account is registered, but does not work, does not let me register another account. Doing factory reset at the moment
Factory reset was bad idea. First it went into edge startup wizard that did not get stuck trying to connect to entourage web site, and did not require four point touch gesture as was in original. I quess that comes from ermine.

But after finishing ermine wizard it went into adnroid setup wizard and now it is stuck there forever with "Welcome to edgejr" and image of green droid asking me to touch it to begin. Touching it does not produce any result. USB debugging does not work any more. Running update for ermine from usb does not work.

Looks like I will have to get to serial port
Old 10-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #34
tarvoke
Dog Dentist

- one thing I noticed before messing with build.prop, post-allmine, when I mount usb storage on the computer, it now gets /mnt/sdcard instead of /mnt/extsdcard. could this be due to the new framework?

anyway, on to build.prop:
changed mahimahi/passion/htc references to edgejr and esi. (also changed fingerprint to the VM670/thunderc/2.2.1 one I'd had before) and rebooted.

- no longer shows "entourage edge" at the final stage of booting
- original keyboard works ok
- camera looks ok
- market and SU still use weird dialog boxes, oh well
- still couldn't install quick settings (apprently the new version doesn't support my VM670 anymore either) but installed "quicker free" and was able to turn on pattern-based security screen lock (previously on my PE, when it had allowed me to install "quick settings" it refused to allow the pattern lock saying the device did not support it) - interesting...
Old 10-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #35
ktwombley
Connoisseur
ktwombley began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Quote:
I am playing with manually setting different properties in build.prop after manually overwriting /system/framework.jar with the one from allmine. So far I found that changing allmines this:

ro.product.model=Nexus One
ro.product.name=passion
ro.product.device=passion
ro.product.board=mahimahi

to this:

ro.product.model=edgejr
ro.product.name=edgejr
ro.product.device=edgejr
ro.product.board=

does result in normal keyboard.

If you use my framework.jar, make a file named serial_number in /system and put a 14 digit serial number in there.

The allmine script constructs a new SN for you by taking your real SN, splitting it in half (after 8 chars), and inserting a 0.

This way google market sees it as a valid IMEI number.
ktwombley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #36
ktwombley
Connoisseur

Quote:
Factory reset was bad idea. First it went into edge startup wizard that did not get stuck trying to connect to entourage web site, and did not require four point touch gesture as was in original. I quess that comes from ermine.

But after finishing ermine wizard it went into adnroid setup wizard and now it is stuck there forever with "Welcome to edgejr" and image of green droid asking me to touch it to begin. Touching it does not produce any result. USB debugging does not work any more. Running update for ermine from usb does not work.

Looks like I will have to get to serial port
Try the dingo hellbent zip from my site. It removes the build.prop checks, so it is more likely to let you downgrade.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #37
ktwombley
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthesane View Post
I too am experiencing the issue with the library (of course I ran the upgrade on top of my already installed Ermine). I then ran your latest update above, but it did not fix the issue for me. Where is the SN being stored? maybe I can fix it myself...
Run this to change your library's SN:

Code:
su
sqlite3 /intstorage/.edge/.esi-data/.databases/library.db "update esimeta set device='SERIAL_NUMBER_GOES_HERE'"
Get the serial number from your device settings. It should be 14 digits after applying the Allmine update.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #38
tarvoke
Dog Dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktwombley View Post
This way google market sees it as a valid IMEI number.
oh ho! neat.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #39
ktwombley
Connoisseur

And to think, this whole time entourage was just 1 digit away from a working market :-P
Old 10-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #40
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist

Quote:
Try the dingo hellbent zip from my site. It removes the build.prop checks, so it is more likely to let you downgrade.
Yeah, I figured that would be more logical way to try before opening the device to get to serial. It started updated and is spinning it for more than 40 minutes at the moment without any restarts. I wonder if i would need to manually reset it as was suggested in other sources
Old 10-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #41
tarvoke
Dog Dentist

Quote:
Yeah, I figured that would be more logical way to try before opening the device to get to serial. It started updated and is spinning in for more than 40 minutes at the moment without any restarts. I wonder if i would need to manually reset it as was suggested in other sources
yes, the golden update needs the manual reset and boot one more time, holding menu+rotate. then it will complete. that worked for me anyway...
Old 10-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #42
ktwombley
Connoisseur

Give it a shot, at this point you don't really have anything to lose.

I had allmine up and ready to go a week ago, but didn't release it because I couldn't test it. I thought I had bricked my PE by messing with the bootloader and recovery partition. Retrying the dingo downgrade over and over again did the trick. Also, use a USB stick rather than a microSD. It seems to like it better.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #43
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
I follow the whole instructions. Seems to be working fine. Lost hibernation option though
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #44
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
what if I do not have a serial number. mine showing bad sku bad serial?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #45
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
Quote:
After applying the almine update, your sn is in /system/serial_number. Remount /system rw, modify that file, and then restart any app that cares about the serial number (or just restart your PE)
I can not update. mine is not working on menu/rotate
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote