Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 11-23-2020, 06:34 PM   #1
Bradles
Connoisseur
Bradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmos

Device: Apple Books & Kobo Libra H20
Scrolling the book details panel

Hi folks,

I'm making the world's most boring plug-in to scroll the book details panel in response to a spacebar if there is more then one "page" of book info:

Code:
self.gui.book_details.book_info.moveCursor(QTextCursor.End)
This scrolls to the end, which is okay if there's only two pages of text, but ideally I want to scroll down one page at a time.

I tried
Code:
QTextCursor.NextBlock
, but there are so many blocks (Authors, IDs, Formats, etc.) that it takes too many spacebars to get moving.

Any thoughts? Basically looking for the equivalent of clicking on the scroll bar, or sending a "Page Down" keypress.

Smooth scrolling would be a bonus, but I don't think that's possible.
Bradles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
book_info.verticalScrollbar().triggerAction(QAbstr actSlider.SliderPageStepAdd)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:14 AM   #3
Bradles
Connoisseur
Bradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmos

Device: Apple Books & Kobo Libra H20
Thanks Kovid. (Capital B in verticalScrollBar but all good.)

A PageStep was just a smidgen too far, so I subtracted a SingleStep and got the results I was looking for.
Bradles is offline   Reply With Quote