Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
LevAizik
LevAizik is on a distinguished road

Device: none
E-book reader with Hebrew support

Hi, I wish to buy E-book reader for my studies in Israel. After extensive research the new Sony PRS-600 looks like the best option for me. The only thing that keep me from ordering it is Hebrew support issue. About 90% of my texts will be in Hebrew. Can PRS-600 display Hebrew text correctly? How? I will be using PDF and DOC.
LevAizik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Lev,

please look at PocketBook 301, it supports Hebrew from the box, it even has a Hebrew menue, if you wish. Also, if I can add Torah texts in Hebrew and English for free for you.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #3
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Here are some quick pictures of PocketBook301 with Hebrew menu and text.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hebrew1.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	37904   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hebrew2.jpg
Views:	1113
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	37905  
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:26 AM   #4
LevAizik
LevAizik is on a distinguished road

What about PRS-300/600 can they show Hebrew text in PDF and other formats after conversion? What software do I use?
LevAizik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I have seen one post that mentioned that Adobe Digital Editions does not support right to left languages. I don't know if this is the case or not. If so, this would effect PDF reflow (PDFs with embedded fonts and formatted for the screen size should be fine) and ePubs on the Sony's and many other EInk devices.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2010, 06:31 AM   #6
carmelra
Zealot
carmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toys

Device: iPhone
Adobe Digital Edition does not support Hebrew ePubs at the moment. It displays the fonts properly but does not honor the language direction (RTL).
The same problem with the Sony Readers.

PocketBook supports Hebrew ePub properly.
carmelra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:37 AM   #7
carmelra
Zealot
carmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toys

Device: iPhone
Hebrew ePubs can be found at Mendele HeBooks http://www.mendele.co.il
carmelra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #8
SashaR
SashaR began at the beginning.

Talmud for Pocketbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Here are some quick pictures of PocketBook301 with Hebrew menu and text.
Hi, I just discovered this forum and found your replies of last year to the questions about e-books that support Hebrew. The text in the image seems like an excerpt from the introduction to Rambam's Mishne Torah. Am I right? But that's besides the point. The question is, if I buy the Pocketbook 301 or later versions, what is the availability of Heberw texts? Can one get Talmud (individual mesechtas) in any format readbale by Pocketbook? I am trying to figure that out and didn't find defintive answers yet. Thanks!
SashaR is offline   Reply With Quote