Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-31-2005, 05:19 PM   #1
Antoine of MMM
Mobile Ministry Magazine
Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nokia N75/N800 Internet Tablet
Creating eBooks Isn't So Hard After All

Wrote this at BargainPDA and I think that it fits some of what has already been said in this section of MR:

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2537

I don't know about many people, but when I got my first PDA (back in August of 2000); I decided to run with the paperless lifestyle mantra. And for the most part, it worked quite well. That is, until it came to books. For one reason or another, finding a good book was a lot harder than it should have been. And those prices...well, let's just say that it is better to just write the book yourself sometimes. And me being the avid writer that I am (at least in poetry), I decided that it would be a great idea if I could take my poetry books and then create ebooks out of them and then be able to give them away at my leisure.
Antoine of MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:43 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks Antoine. Good stuff. I saw that at BargainPDA, and have saved the link to Publish eBook. I will give it a try on the Portable Harvard Classics because it will soon only be offered in text. (It used to be in palmdoc also, which was nice for eReader.)
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2005, 03:19 PM   #3
JayM
JayM began at the beginning.

Device: tungsten
Mobipocket also lets you create mobi files from word.
JayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 04:17 PM   #4
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I've settled into a nice routine for getting eBooks onto my PDA. I don't buy eBooks online, rather I just read public domain texts or other sources (websites,...). I use iSiloX to convert HTML files for iSilo (HTML's from online or derived from .PDF's using Acrobat) or convert .TXT files into .PDB's using PorDiBle on my Mac. Then I read the .PDB's with iSilo.

It is easy once you know the process and have the tools.
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 04:25 PM   #5
Antoine of MMM
Mobile Ministry Magazine
Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nokia N75/N800 Internet Tablet
Pride;
Yes, it is easy for us - techies - to create eBooks. But if it is so easy, there really should be a bigger push from publishers and authors. Realistically speaking, smaller publishing companies could clean up easily by usign a dual print/ebook model. The DRM issues would pay for itself in short time - if the book is good.
Antoine of MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert