Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: With ComfortLight turned on and low light setting, do you notice colored blotches?
Yes, green blotches from bottom center 20 15.15%
Yes, green blotches from bottom right 22 16.67%
Yes, green blotches from bottom left 18 13.64%
Yes, different location 10 7.58%
No 80 60.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2017, 01:32 AM   #16
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
So, did all you "I have them but they don't bother me" guys vote "yes" or "no"?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:22 AM   #17
BelleAlthea
BelleAlthea began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
I voted "yes".
BelleAlthea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2017, 05:03 AM   #18
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
I didn't vote because I have a faint greenish tinge at the bottom when the comfort light is very high and it doesn't intrude when reading. I'm the type to wish for "other" with closed lists.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:07 AM   #19
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
I voted "yes". The poll isn't asking how I feel about them, just whether they're present on my reader
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:30 AM   #20
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
That was YOU
Lurking in the dark trying to decide which ereader has the best lighted screen. It does sound rather odd when you write it down, doesn't it....

Is it even worse if I admit I did it more than once in different shops while procrastinating over whether to opt for the Aura or Paperwhite.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2017, 10:44 AM   #21
Dino84
Connoisseur
Dino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One
Yep, green blotch bottom center. Not a big deal really, but still :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	818
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	155894  

Last edited by Dino84; 03-31-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Dino84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:37 AM   #22
heli3d
heli3d began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I vote yes.

First one had green blob.

Replacement has green blob.

Will call today and see what they say.

If there are ones without the green blob, I want a new one.

It is almost like the screen color is changing while I read with the green band moving around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited by issybird; 04-09-2017 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Oversize image deleted.
heli3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:34 AM   #23
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
You know, my policy is to reduce oversized images rather than delete them. But after I've reduced them twice and PMed a poster, I get a little testy. Please read the posting guidelines before uploading another image.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:09 PM   #24
heli3d

Does your green text tell us you have a green blob also?

Old 04-09-2017, 11:13 PM   #25
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli3d View Post
Does your green text tell us you have a green blob also?
No, it tells you that a moderator is posting something and they are making it clear that a moderator is speaking and it should be paid attention to by colouring it green.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:25 AM   #26
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
No, it tells you that a moderator is posting something and they are making it clear that a moderator is speaking and it should be paid attention to by colouring it green.
But you have to admit it's at least a little funny
Old 04-11-2017, 10:52 AM   #27
johnnyb
Cloud Reader

You won’t believe what just happened. I got a flawless Aura One off of eBay (). It's from Dubai, lighting is perfectly uniform and even the frontplate ist perfectly centered! They exist! (or One does -> problem of induction )
Old 04-11-2017, 08:42 PM   #28
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli3d View Post
It is almost like the screen color is changing while I read with the green band moving around.
Maybe they could market this as a simulation of the Northern Light, Aurora Borealis. It might prove very popular with some readers.

However, in trying to reliably reproduce the effect, they might make devices with properly functioning comfort lights by mistake instead.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:10 PM   #29
vostro
Connoisseur
vostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Scribe,Elipsa,PWSE,FORMA,KOA2,KV,KA1, KAH2O, PW1-4, KA, AKT,
I got uneven color if setting natural light to auto but seems acceptable.
vostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:40 PM   #30
heli3d

Just spoke to Kobo and after receiving the bad device, they said that it is normal.

Will try to return