Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-20-2014, 10:43 AM   #1246
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
I'm trying Moon+ again - the free one. I don't like the font, but can't figure out how to change it - I assume it can be changed in the purchased one. If Mantano doesn't clean up it's act, I buy Moon+ and use it - although I would prefer Mantano to fix theirs.
You can change the font in Moon+ - just go to settings, visual options, font name. It's Mantano that won't change the font for me even when I specify one sometimes. It also won't always change justification.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #1247
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
You can change the font in Moon+ - just go to settings, visual options, font name. It's Mantano that won't change the font for me even when I specify one sometimes. It also won't always change justification.
Thanks so much - got it! Now if I can just figure out what the default font in Mantano is, I can get it onto Moon+ and all will be great!
peaceridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #1248
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Thanks so much - got it! Now if I can just figure out what the default font in Mantano is, I can get it onto Moon+ and all will be great!
I think the Mantano default serif is Minion.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:20 PM   #1249
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Thanks so much. I'm off to study Moon+ - too bad Mantano is probably losing good customers due to a couple of bad updates!
Old 11-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #1250
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Yes, got it onto Moon+, still not as dark as Mantano even with background set to white and font color set to black. Bold is darker than M, but usable. Thanks to everyone for their help.
Advert
Old 11-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #1251
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Yes, got it onto Moon+, still not as dark as Mantano even with background set to white and font color set to black. Bold is darker than M, but usable. Thanks to everyone for their help.
Yeah Moon+ renders font thin for some reason. Which is why I always modified the font I am using to add weight.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:05 AM   #1252
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Actually several have reported on GP that Mantano is jumbling pages in the last couple releases. I've had it happen. Mantano has yet to fix it.
Any time I've experienced any page-jumble/jumping, it's been because books either have images that hit the 2400 px mark on the long side and/or badly formed html or unsupported css (which is happening more and more--especially if you buy at multiple retailers, strip drm and sideload).

Mantano should still be able to handle such situations without skipping pages, but since I always pop the hood on all my epubs, I've learned to validate and fix the various issues that Mantano's Adobe RMSDK engine doesn't like.

The latest versions of Mantano give me an informational indicator (top menu) when it detects potential problems with the underlying html/css.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:25 AM   #1253
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Any time I've experienced any page-jumble/jumping, it's been because books either have images that hit the 2400 px mark on the long side and/or badly formed html or unsupported css (which is happening more and more--especially if you buy at multiple retailers, strip drm and sideload).

Mantano should still be able to handle such situations without skipping pages, but since I always pop the hood on all my epubs, I've learned to validate and fix the various issues that Mantano's Adobe RMSDK engine doesn't like.

The latest versions of Mantano give me an informational indicator (top menu) when it detects potential problems with the underlying html/css.
I have pro version 2.5.1.7 build 315 and have never gotten that indicator. There seems to be no rhyme or reason among the books that can't keep their page numbers going from portrait to landscape and vise verse, or not keeping the pages in order. No images in the books, but may have the other things you mention, but I'm not techie enough to look.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #1254
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have pro version 2.5.1.7 build 315 and have never gotten that indicator.
I'm running the same exact version. You're probably just missing the indicator. If you tap the center of the page to bring up the menus, it will show up as circle with an "i" in it (right beside the night-mode toggle and the settings icon in the top menu). Clicking on that (when it's there) will give you info (including the filename) about what it doesn't like. You'll never see it during normal reading, but if you bring up the menu and there's something Mantano doesn't like about the ebook, it should be there.

Quote:
There seems to be no rhyme or reason among the books that can't keep their page numbers going from portrait to landscape and vise verse, or not keeping the pages in order. No images in the books, but may have the other things you mention, but I'm not techie enough to look.
I've found some rhyme or reason. I don't have any issues with books that never display the "i" anywhere.

As far as images go, it can be (and quite often IS) the cover image. The page skipping problem can happen several pages away from the cover image itself (when the cover image is too large). But when I replace the cover image with something smaller, the page skipping goes away (regardless of where it was occurring).

That's not to say you're not experiencing other issues/problems that I'm not.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #1255
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Nope no images in this book. It's just a new bug that popped up last two or three versions. Go read Google Play reviews and see several having the same problem.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #1256
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Nope no images in this book. It's just a new bug that popped up last two or three versions. Go read Google Play reviews and see several having the same problem.
Not even a cover image?

I understand that people are having issues. I've had some of the very same issues. What I've noticed is that those issues always occurred in relation to the informational "Book Error" icon being visible. And fixing the issues that made the icon appear in the first place (as well as making sure the cover--or any--image's longest side was less than 2400px) made those issues go away for those ebooks.

I'm not saying Mantano doesn't have issues that need fixing ... I'm saying I've found workarounds that ensure I don't experience the page skipping/jumbling. And the workaround starts with identifying the problems Mantano has with a particular ebook by reading the contents of the informational "not well-formed" warning.

It may not work for others, but my page jumping/jumbling books have stopped their page jumbling/jumping entirely.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #1257
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Not even a cover image?

I understand that people are having issues. I've had some of the very same issues. What I've noticed is that those issues always occurred in relation to the informational "Book Error" icon being visible. And fixing the issues that made the icon appear in the first place (as well as making sure the cover--or any--image's longest side was less than 2400px) made those issues go away for those ebooks.

I'm not saying Mantano doesn't have issues that need fixing ... I'm saying I've found workarounds that ensure I don't experience the page skipping/jumbling. And the workaround starts with identifying the problems Mantano has with a particular ebook by reading the contents of the informational "not well-formed" warning.

It may not work for others, but my page jumping/jumbling books have stopped their page jumbling/jumping entirely.

Yes it has a cover but it's not huge They are library books but what is this icon you are talking about? I don't have that.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:18 PM   #1258
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes it has a cover but it's not huge They are library books but what is this icon you are talking about? I don't have that.
Click image for larger version

Name:	menubar.png
Views:	197
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	131452

After clicking on the icon ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	message.png
Views:	196
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	131453

It may not always be displayed, depending on where you are in the book, but if the flow/file being displayed has something Mantano doesn't like (css or otherwise), it will appear.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-22-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:53 PM   #1259
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Wow I've never seen it before. It's not showing up on the books that it jumbled but I'll Keep an eye out for it.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:14 PM   #1260
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

It's relatively new, I think. I never noticed it until one of the more recent updates.