Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
richy1989
Connoisseur
richy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 & Kindle 4 Black
Smile Another way of changing your fonts

I come from China, and found A jailbreak change font in the forum above, in this show for everyone.
I hope you can transform this method is used to replace your favorite English fonts,if you can give the more better suggestions,it will be wonderful!
Oh....My English is not good, please forgive me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

K5 can USE_ALT_FONTS to add new fonts,but this method brings some problems:
1.It is only acting on the body of the font,the system font of the interface (the main interface, menus, etc.) is not effectived;
2.It's difficult to achieve the bold style

In order to solve the problem, I try to get the font configuration file, find some 'Font Family' (MYing Hei S, MKai PRC and Song S), then I try to change the font like this:

1.create an folder "fonts" (/mnt/us/fonts)
2.copy your new fonts to this folder
3.add a configuration file,putting it into 'mnt/us/fonts', (make Kindle use the new fonts in the directory '/mnt/us/fonts' instead of the built-in Font Family.)

Prerequisites: Kindle PW 5.3.1, 5.3.3 or 5.3.4, jailbreak, installed USBnet

Specific steps:
1.copy new font files (each font requires regular, bold, two files) are named as follows, put it into the folder'/mnt/us/fonts'

2.I used the font combination of Songti, Kaiti and Heiti, these fonts has its own bold file. All fonts can be downloaded from here. Of course, you can also be used like other fonts.
  • Heiti.ttf
  • Heiti_Bold.ttf
  • Kaiti.ttf
  • Kaiti_Bold.ttf
  • Songti.ttf
  • Songti_Bold.ttf

3.put the configuration file 99-qc.conf(you can download it from the attachments) into the folder "fonts" (/mnt/us/fonts)

4.Use USBnet Login to Kindle PW, then the make 99-qc.conf link to the folder'/etc/fonts/conf.d',the command is as follows:
Code:
mntroot rw
ln -s /mnt/us/fonts/99-qc.conf /etc/fonts/conf.d
mntroot ro
5.restart Kindle.

Note: if you want to make this method take effect, after each restart Kindle, you can not be stuck in the computer's USB port. This is because when the machine starts, it first becomes U disk for computer access, so that the Kindle can not access the font file, it can not use the font files.

For future change font, only need to change the font file to replace fonts directory corresponding the ttf file nameed after the file name, and then restart the line, it is very convenient.

If you later want to upgrade, restore the original settings of the system is very simple:
Delete /etc/fonts/conf.d/99-qc.conf of files and Kindle the folder "fonts" (/mnt/us/fonts)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

all above come from this link http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/viewthre...&extra=&page=1
Attached Files
File Type: zip 99-qc.conf.zip (703 Bytes, 228 views)

Last edited by twobob; 05-17-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: ln -s /mnt/us/fonts/99-qc.conf /etc/fonts/conf.d (code was wrong)
richy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by richy1989 View Post
Oh....My English is not good, please forgive me.
美官气!你住哪在中国?

太好了!你知道如果这是work for version 5.3.5?对不起我的中文不好。应为我是德国人
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2013, 03:33 AM   #3
richy1989
Connoisseur
richy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 & Kindle 4 Black
Smile Nice to meet you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by readandread View Post
美官气!你住哪在中国?

太好了!你知道如果这是work for version 5.3.5?对不起我的中文不好。应为我是德国人
Ich bin in Xiamen, Fujian

Ist derzeit nicht in der 5.3.5, können Sie die reduzierte Version des Geräts, bevor Sie wählen.

hallo ~
Nice to meet you!

richy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:43 AM   #4
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
Ah Xiamen! I was there about a year ago. Even got to see 鼓浪嶼!
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote