Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Kindle App for iPad approved!

I never thought that Apple would approve it but the Kindle app just showed up in the iPad section of iTunes!

This is one time I am glad to be wrong and a smart move for Apple, IMHO!

OTOH, I am gonna download it before Apple changes it's mind even though my 3G version won't be here for a few weeks....

Last edited by CCDMan; 04-02-2010 at 08:49 PM.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
It just keeps getting better.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
palex481
Connoisseur
palex481 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
I knew Apple would approve it. They wouldn't risk the negative publicity they would garner by not approving it. Apple doesn't really care if you buy iBooks or not, as they make the most money off the hardware. And if more people buy the iPad just because of the Kindle app, then Apple profits from it. This is actually great news for Amazon as well though, because if you already have a small kindle library like I have, why would you give it up to go to iBooks that has less books?

This app single-handedly makes the iPad the most versatile ebook reader on the market. Whether or not it will kill the iBook store remains to be seen. People who have no allegiance to either store will probably want to go with Apple as they made the device.
palex481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPhone
Why wouldn't they approve it? Apple is in the business of primarily selling hardware and if the Kindle app will get you to buy an iPad in place of a Kindle, Apple benefits.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:29 PM   #5
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
Why wouldn't they approve it? Apple is in the business of primarily selling hardware and if the Kindle app will get you to buy an iPad in place of a Kindle, Apple benefits.

So why then do they sell Music and TV shows and Movies (and now books), not to mention apps (aka software)?

I am glad they approved the app as I have a Kindle and have ordered an iPad. I do wonder if the app will stay if they start to see it as competition to their bookstore.

In any case, time will tell..
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:54 PM   #6
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDMan View Post
So why then do they sell Music and TV shows and Movies (and now books), not to mention apps (aka software)?
The whole itunes setup is there to make the hardware more appealing to potential customers simple as that, blocking the kindle app would have made their hardware less appealing not to mention reducing the potential audience for their ibookstore in the process.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:42 PM   #7
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Kobo's app is also availble now for IPAD, although Stanza still only have their Ipod/Iphone app available.
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote