Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
Jim77
Jim77 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 600
Multi language support via Calibre

Hello all,

I came across problem with my Sony PRS-600 that it does not supports other encodings besides ASCII. That is why i'm using PDFs.
But PDF is a bad solution, because it is large file and it has poorly support of fonts size.

My question for Calibre's developers, is there any way that i can (or in the future) configure the fonts on my device via Calibre?

Thx
Jim77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you will eventually be able to embed fonts in epub files
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim77 View Post
Hello all,

I came across problem with my Sony PRS-600 that it does not supports other encodings besides ASCII.

Actually sony reader does support other latin encodings provided that you use LRF fonts.

See this post

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...88&postcount=7

However that does not include cyrrilic or some other more exotic languages.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:21 AM   #4
Jim77
Jim77 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
you will eventually be able to embed fonts in epub files
How do i embed fonts in epub? Is it like PDF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Actually sony reader does support other latin encodings provided that you use LRF fonts.
Actually i need Hebrew font support...

Basically all I need is a richer set of fonts to my device?

Thanx for answering
Jim77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
This is an explanation on how to embed fonts manually into epub:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...86&postcount=8

Another option is to store fonts in one folder on your reader and than point all books/recipe generated content to use those.

See here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...83&postcount=2
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert