Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 05-22-2017, 01:54 AM   #1786
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Oh my, I think that I'm going to have to abandon this thread . . . .
Then do so. Don't tell everyone else that you're going to, though.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM   #1787
Catlady
Wizard
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip, jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
When you get them, can you let me know what the quality is like? I have the IA ones also and I'm considering getting these, but... so many things on my wishlist already.
I received the Sinatra Timex shows yesterday and watched the first of the DVDs last night. The quality seems about the same as the Internet Archive downloads--maybe a little bit better, but certainly not something that would wow you. There is a menu for all the songs, so that's nice for finding something specific. All the Timex commercials are included, which I like. There's no bonus material; there's not even a booklet.

I'm glad I purchased the shows, but this isn't a must-buy.
Catlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM   #1788
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire HD8 (2015), Dell Venue Pro 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I received the Sinatra Timex shows yesterday and watched the first of the DVDs last night. The quality seems about the same as the Internet Archive downloads--maybe a little bit better, but certainly not something that would wow you. There is a menu for all the songs, so that's nice for finding something specific. All the Timex commercials are included, which I like. There's no bonus material; there's not even a booklet.

I'm glad I purchased the shows, but this isn't a must-buy.
Thanks for the info. I'll pass on these then.
CWatkinsNash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM   #1789
Catlady
Wizard
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip, jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll pass on these then.
Maybe you already know this, but I meant to mention in my previous post (and sorry for going off topic), that there's an upcoming PBS broadcast of the Sinatra-produced JFK Inaugural Gala, in honor of the 100th anniversary of JFK's birth. In my area it's first being shown June 3; check your local listings.
Catlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM   #1790
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Maybe you already know this, but I meant to mention in my previous post (and sorry for going off topic), that there's an upcoming PBS broadcast of the Sinatra-produced JFK Inaugural Gala, in honor of the 100th anniversary of JFK's birth. In my area it's first being shown June 3; check your local listings.
Oooh! I had no idea! Thank you, again!
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM   #1791
GA Russell
Redblacks! (No kidding!)
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles 8, 4 and jetBook Lite
More CD box sets...

Funky Jazz Organs - $4.97
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A2H3A8/

Julie London - Ultimate Collection - $10.06
https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Coll...dp/B000FOPRSQ/

Bird & Diz - $10.98
https://www.amazon.com/Bird-Diz-Gill...dp/B00R6AOZYO/

Bill Laswell & Material - $12.99
https://www.amazon.com/Bill-Laswell-...dp/B000CQKZH0/
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:37 PM   #1792
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Julie London - Ultimate Collection - $10.06
https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Coll...dp/B000FOPRSQ/
I need more Julie London and this is perfect!
Old Today, 01:37 PM   #1793
GA Russell
Redblacks! (No kidding!)
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles 8, 4 and jetBook Lite
I'm confident that many Europeans here know more than I do about this, but here's what I understand the situation to be:

Music recorded before 1963 is in the public domain. Some record companies are selling public domain CDs without making the effort to ensure that the fidelity is good.

As a result, I am trying to limit my CD suggestions to the record companies which own the masters.

I don't know how old a movie must be to enter the public domain in Europe.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote