Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-28-2017, 08:37 AM   #241
Pajamaman
Guru
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Onyx T68, Boyue T62
The OS of the T68 I have is fragile...I don't mess with it too much. But I would have expected the new Kepler to be robust. I have an old Boyue and it's tough as old boots. My rooted Nook ST is maybe even tougher. I'm surprised Onyx have these issues. But I'd still buy another one But I'd be careful with it...
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2017, 12:28 PM   #242
cwright
cwright began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Kepler Pro
Thanks! I really like this new update! For what it's worth, I download the update onto a micro SD card then stick the card in the Kepler Pro and use the update function. I've never hit any glitches. If you have an update.zip on the micro SD and an update.zip in internal memory Kepler Pro will always use the update on the micro SD card. I found that out after accidentally flashing to 1.8.0 three times instead of 1.8.1.
cwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:33 AM   #243
sharkcow
Enthusiast
sharkcow began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithACee View Post
Additionally, has anyone figured out how to change the Screensaver?
It works with the info given here for other Boox devices:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=250984

Kepler's screen resolution is 1448x1072 (yes, landscape!) and it only works for me if I convert the bmp to grayscale (even though the original images are RGB).
sharkcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:06 PM   #244
WithACee
WithACee began at the beginning.

Device: Kepler Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcow View Post
It works with the info given here for other Boox devices:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=250984

Kepler's screen resolution is 1448x1072 (yes, landscape!) and it only works for me if I convert the bmp to grayscale (even though the original images are RGB).
Awesome! Did you buy the Pro version? The Play store says only the Pro version is compatible w/ our Kepler, not the Free version.
WithACee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:06 AM   #245
sharkcow
Enthusiast
sharkcow began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithACee View Post
Awesome! Did you buy the Pro version? The Play store says only the Pro version is compatible w/ our Kepler, not the Free version.
No, the free version works fine (note the directions in the link). What you're doing is modifying the contents of a system file named framework-res.apk (hence the necessity for root). Since apk is just an archive format, the app "unzips" the file, lets you change the content and then rezips it. You could also just transfer the file to a pc, perform the changes there and push the file back. If I'm adventurous enough, I just might use this method to see whether you can increase the number of screensaver images (currently 3)... happy hacking!

Edit: the free version installed right away on my device, but I have modified it some time in the past using market helper - not sure if that modification is still active...
sharkcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:18 PM   #246
cwright
cwright began at the beginning.

Does anyone use Moon+ Reader with their Kepler Pro? I like the time left in chapter feature in Moon+ but it doesn't seem to work with the Content Browser on Kepler Pro. The books I read don't show up in the Recently Read section. Does anyone know how to get around this? Or are there any other reading apps with the time left in chapter/time left in book feature that also has night theme?
cwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:35 PM   #247
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
What is this digitizer withg stylus thing that is in the specs? Is it saying that it supports some kind of Wacom technology?

Also does anyone use KOreader on Kepler pro? Is it stable?
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:15 AM   #248
franzli
Connoisseur
franzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toys

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by loviedovie View Post
What is this digitizer withg stylus thing that is in the specs? Is it saying that it supports some kind of Wacom technology?

Also does anyone use KOreader on Kepler pro? Is it stable?
Where did you find that information? To my knowledge, the kepler pro doesn't have stylus support, just regular touch.
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #249
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

First page first entry. It is also listed as such on Onyx website

...RAM 1G LPDDR2...
...Audio Non-support...
...Digitzier with stylus...
...158.9x114x8mm...
... around 205g
Old 05-20-2017, 06:45 PM   #250
franzli
Connoisseur
franzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toys

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Not sure I remember correctly, but I think there may have been some discussion later in this thread about that early information on the first page as possible misinformation? I couldn't find any reference to stylus digitizer on the onyx page though http://www.onyx-international.com/in...-kepler-series

It just mentions capacitive touch.

Don't get me wrong, would be great and I might actually consider getting a Kepler if it had stylus support, but I'd be surprised if that was the case.
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:30 PM   #251
loviedovie
Addict

@franzli

Thanks for looking into. You are right it is not on their site. I think it was the banggod page that actually lists the digitizer.

https://www.banggood.com/BOOX-Kepler...l?rmmds=search

Touch Digitzier with stylus
Resolution 1448x1072 (300ppi)
Old 05-20-2017, 11:28 PM   #252
Hrafn
Addict
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Kepler Pro, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
I seem to remember contradictory early (several months before release) information on the Kepler Pro's interface (capacitive-touch vs digitizer&stylus) -- it's possible that the Banggood retailer simply picked up the 'wrong' version of that early information.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote