Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-18-2017, 10:12 PM   #481
eischech
eischech began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Unhappy can't access the external SD

I just loaded Moon+Reader Pro v4.1.2 on a new Galaxy Tab S2 running Android 6.0.1. On my old tablet, under Android 4.2.2, I had my library stored on an external SD card. I want to do the same thing on the new one. On the new tablet, Android's "My Files" shows the external card and the folder I created in it for ebook files. But...

Moon+Reader's Local Files list on the old tablet has /sdcard/books, /sdcard/ /mnt/extSdCard, /storage, Gdrive, and dropbox. But Local Files on the new tablet has only /sdcard, Gdrive, and Dropbox. How can I get Local Files to recognize the external card so I can navigate to it?

Thanks --
eischech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2017, 09:28 AM   #482
eischech
eischech began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Thumbs up

Solved!

With Moon+Reader Pro 4.1.2 and Android 6.0.1, go to My Files in Moon+Reader and select Local Files. Navigate to the root directory (/), then to Storage, and then to [name of your external SD card -- mine is 3209-EF9D]. Then you can go to wherever you put your ebook library.

This was suggested by Purple Lady's 4/21/2013 reply to a similar question. With the Moon+Reader and Android versions that were current then, the path was Local Files > root > mnt > ExtSDcard. That's different from the path for the current versions, but it was enough of a clue for me to find my books. Thanks, Purple Lady!!
eischech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #483
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tab S8.4, Boyue T62, Galaxy S6, Nexus 7 LTE, Sony 950, K3 3G, Fire HDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by eischech View Post
Solved!

With Moon+Reader Pro 4.1.2 and Android 6.0.1, go to My Files in Moon+Reader and select Local Files. Navigate to the root directory (/), then to Storage, and then to [name of your external SD card -- mine is 3209-EF9D]. Then you can go to wherever you put your ebook library.

This was suggested by Purple Lady's 4/21/2013 reply to a similar question. With the Moon+Reader and Android versions that were current then, the path was Local Files > root > mnt > ExtSDcard. That's different from the path for the current versions, but it was enough of a clue for me to find my books. Thanks, Purple Lady!!
You're welcome! That certainly was an old post.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:21 AM   #484
Negativo
Chosen One Member
Negativo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Galaxy Tab 10.1 V.2014, Huawei Mate 9
Hello, I´m a new user.
I wanna know if there´s any way to change the bottom Percentaje information into pages left.
I just want the tipical "page 453/866" data, not the "77.3%"

Thanks>¨
Negativo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:38 AM   #485
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo AuraHD/Aura6"/AuraH2O/GloHD/AuraOne
delete. Sorry completely wrong thread.

Last edited by jackie_w; 05-18-2017 at 11:43 AM.
jackie_w is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:12 AM   #486
stumped
Addict
stumped knows how to set a laser printer to stun.stumped knows how to set a laser printer to stun.stumped knows how to set a laser printer to stun.stumped knows how to set a laser printer to stun.stumped knows how to set a laser printer to stun.stumped knows how to set a laser printer to stun.stumped knows how to set a laser printer to stun.stumped knows how to set a laser printer to stun.stumped knows how to set a laser printer to stun.stumped knows how to set a laser printer to stun.stumped knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Samsung tab s , fire HDX 8.9, fire hd 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativo View Post
Hello, I´m a new user.
I wanna know if there´s any way to change the bottom Percentaje information into pages left.

Thanks>¨
No
pages are counted only for the opened chapter, and change as you change preferences. There ie no fixed page count. In Moon, one page is one screen of your current display settings
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:19 AM   #487
Negativo
Chosen One Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
No
pages are counted only for the opened chapter, and change as you change preferences. There ie no fixed page count. In Moon, one page is one screen of your current display settings
Thank you very much Stumped, I won´t be stocked there anymore, I just love the personalization. I´ll keep on reading Dan Simmons.

BTW... What any other good dictionary is compatible with this app?? I´m not liking Color Dict at all...

Old 05-19-2017, 08:22 AM   #488
VelvetElvis
Groupie
VelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Asus Memo Pad HD7, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativo View Post
Hello, I´m a new user.

Thanks>¨
No, and it's one of the reasons I stopped using it. Sent a request to the author a couple of years ago, but no interest on his part it seems.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:14 PM   #489
Negativo
Chosen One Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
No, and it's one of the reasons I stopped using it. Sent a request to the author a couple of years ago, but no interest on his part it seems.
So, which one are you using now? I´ve tried FBreader before...

Thanks }<