Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-04-2018, 06:36 PM   #1
daaronr
daaronr began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96
Onyx Boox M96 -- certain parts of screen no longer detecting the stylus

I've been using this device well for several months. All of a sudden I notice that along a middle portion of the screen it is no longer detecting my stylus. When I start a line elsewhere on the screen, it detects it's continuation into these areas, but it no longer senses when I initiate a mark in these parts of the screen.

A big problem for note-taking, as key buttons cannot be reached (esp the "add" button) to insert an annotation.

The screen still views perfectly.

Anyone have suggestions for fixing this problem? Not sure if it's hardware or software at fault. I bought this used via Ebay, so I don't have any sort of warranty.
daaronr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:20 AM   #2
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
It might be due to small barely visible scratches that onyx devices tend to get, in which case you probably cant fix it. You could try cleaning the screen. My stylus for n96ml was having problems and I wiped with some lcd wipes, and the problem disappeared. But otherwise I don’t know, sorry.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2018, 08:58 AM   #3
daaronr
daaronr began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
It might be due to small barely visible scratches that onyx devices tend to get, in which case you probably cant fix it. You could try cleaning the screen. My stylus for n96ml was having problems and I wiped with some lcd wipes, and the problem disappeared. But otherwise I don’t know, sorry.
Thanks. Do you think replacing the screen would fix this stylus sensitivity issue?
daaronr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotations, hardware problems, m96, sensitivity, stylus