Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
User Guide

When I click Help->User Guide I'm taken here, from there I end up here, when I click the User Guide (amongst a bunch of developer doco) I am taken to this and from there I can download an epub via this

I'm sure at one time I could hit F1 and be taken directly to a web page edition of the manual.

I appreciate this is a Work-in-Progress, as an interim solution can I suggest that if Sigil_User_Guide.epub is found in ...\sigil-ebook\sigil, then when the user 'asks' for the user guide then that file be opened in the users the default epub reader.

Meantime - does the web page edition still exist, my ancient bookmark barfs with a 404 in its gullet.

Also what's happening regarding updating the manual. Maybe I could help in the role of a manuscript/copy editor - I don't use enough of Sigil to do the real authoring.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:02 AM   #2
Hendrixxxxxxxx
Connoisseur
Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: Kindle DX, Paperwhite, Paperwhite II, and Voyage
The web page edition (for the same version - 0.7.2 - that you referenced above) does still exist, on the googlecode site. Link here --> http://web.sigil.googlecode.com/git/...roduction.html

It has not yet been updated AFAIK, but given all the improvements the guys are making at the moment, any new version probably wouldn't be much more obsolete than this one within a short period of time.
Hendrixxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2016, 01:17 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Hendrixxxxxxxx - thanks, bookmarked, I binned the old one - I think it might have had 'docs' in it somewhere.

That one is usually good enough for me, avoids coming here asking dumb questions. I don't use much of Sigil?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote