Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-15-2018, 12:23 PM   #316
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Exactly which tweak is this for?

Also, bear in mind that Composite Custom Columns (built from other columns) are not updated in the database, but exist only in the GUI cache.

Does what you are doing work properly as the Standard Calibre default value (as if you were not creating a Tweak to be used on a Library-specific basis)? That is the first thing to look at.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:55 PM   #317
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Then it's the composite columns fault.

Is there a way of limiting to only the first 2 fandoms when there's more than that?

Otherwise when saving stories from Archive of Our Own I'll end up with a lot of folders with very long names like this:

Quote:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer,Cheers (TV),Cupid (TV 1998),Star Trek_ Deep Space N - Fandom,Charmed,Greek and Roman Mythology,A-Team (TV),I Dream of Jeannie -
which is all my windows allows.

I'm not sure how to do it otherwise.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2018, 02:58 PM   #318
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This isn't a Job Spy question, but rather a Calibre Library Management question for a Calibre template guru.

Pretend that you are not tweaking anything, but just using your template in
Calibre > Preferences > Saving Books to Disk. Put your template into that Standard Calibre Preferences place. Take note of what happens. Then, post a question under Library Management asking for a template guru to help you create a custom template that automatically limits the length of the final results. In your post, add your template and also what Calibre's results are. Then explain what you want instead.

This isn't a Job Spy issue.

DaltonST
Old 10-04-2018, 01:52 AM   #319
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Question, I was wondering if the Author Pseudonyms functionality could be expanded to work for text (tag-like) custom columns?

Reason I ask is because I'm trying to normalize/wrangle AO3 freeform tags for fanfics and the exercise has me almost tearing my hair out. That's just with relationship tags - haven't even attempted to do character and general/additional tags yet.

I can generate the CSV for "bad tag","good tag" for import (and that'll be a very tiny subset of what AO3 has). It's just tiring having to repeat work I've previously done whenever I add a batch of new fics (either through Manage Categories or run 50+ Bulk S&R).

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Well, that's a post from 05-16-2015 for one thing. I don't find anything written in my notes, so anything I remember is suspect.

But I believe that I decided it was a sisyphean task and I didn't care enough.

It would involve, at a minimum:
- Generating the list of all 'canonical' tags (685,301 Found)
- Fetching the page(s?) for each
- Determining what do to with all the 'Tags with the same meaning' vs all the 'sub tags'
- Are 'sub tags' also 'canonical'?
- Sub tags can have sub tags...
- Tags can be 'fandom', 'characters', etc
- Tags can have 'parent' tags that are not of the same type example
- Figuring out how and where to store all of the tag data (7,354,056 tags Found)
- ...and update it...
- ...and use it...

Now factor in that each user is still going to have their own opinion about which tags are important and which aren't and how they should be presented...

I know that in recent years I've taken to telling people that as long as AO3 allows anyone to write any tag they like, complete metadata consistency is going to be impossible.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:00 AM   #320
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the builtin tag rules functionality to automate tag sanitization.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2018, 02:14 AM   #321
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

It only works on the built-in tag column, not custom columns.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:14 AM   #322
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use the builtin tag rules functionality to automate tag sanitization.
I believe it doesn't work for custom columns.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:33 AM   #323
DaltonST
Deviser

Tag-Like Custom Column Wrangling Rules for Job Spy

I have regular expression-based tag wrangling rules in both my CALM and Q&S plug-ins. For several years I have thought several times about adding the newer CALM capability, but for Custom Columns, to Job Spy, but figured that as soon as I did that Calibre itself would enhance its standard Tag Sanitization functionality to work with tag-liked Custom Columns. Obviously that did not happen.

This is the first time anyone explicitly requested that functionality for Job Spy. I will see what I can do after I finish a couple of things still to be done in CalibreSpy.

DaltonST
Old 10-04-2018, 09:32 AM   #324
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
I have regular expression-based tag wrangling rules in both my CALM and Q&S plug-ins. For several years I have thought several times about adding the newer CALM capability, but for Custom Columns, to Job Spy, but figured that as soon as I did that Calibre itself would enhance its standard Tag Sanitization functionality to work with tag-liked Custom Columns. Obviously that did not happen.

This is the first time anyone explicitly requested that functionality for Job Spy. I will see what I can do after I finish a couple of things still to be done in CalibreSpy.

DaltonST
I didn't know about CALM. From its description, I thought that was just a tool for merging libraries and as I only had one library, didn't really delve deeper.

I'll check it out and report how it works for AO3 tag wrangling. Looking at the slideshow, it seems like it might already work quite well for what I want (probably even better than Job Spy pseuds).

I already use your MultiColumnSearch (full text search) to extract raw metadata from my fics. Can't remember why installed Job Spy but it was probably related to MCS.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 10-04-2018 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:17 AM   #325
DaltonST
Deviser

DRAFT for New GUI Tool to Scrub Tags & Tag-Like Custom Columns

This new tool (see the attached image) will add the best parts of the CALM plug-in functionality for standard Tags to Job Spy, but for both Tags and Tag-Like Custom Columns.

It will not use CALM's GUI-based maintenance of the various rules tables, since that does nothing to facilitate sharing huge numbers of rules (e.g. for FF). Instead, it will use the concept that I used with the Pseudonymous Authors GUI Tool: importing/exporting of CSV files (maintained in Calc or Excel) that can be shared with others.

Just started, so this is a work in progress.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_scrub_tags_tag-like_using_regular_expression_rules_from_tables.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	950.8 KB
ID:	166722  
Old 10-05-2018, 12:02 PM   #326
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Awesome!
Old 10-09-2018, 01:26 PM   #327
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.133 Scrub Tags/Tag-Like Columns

Version 1.0.133 - 2018-10-09 Scrub Tags/Tag-Like Columns

See all of the attachments.

The .zip that is attached contains an .xlsx file and its .ods version that have 7 "sheets". Please read the "Instructions" sheet.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_scrub_tags_tag-like_using_regular_expression_rules_from_tables.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	166812   Click image for larger version

Name:	js_scrub_tags_menu_tooltip.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	166836   Click image for larger version

Name:	js_tag_rules_csv_file_instructions.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	652.4 KB
ID:	166839  
Attached Files
File Type: txt _js_tag_capitalization_rules.txt (564 Bytes, 237 views)
File Type: txt _js_tag_string_replacement_rules.txt (864 Bytes, 242 views)
File Type: txt _js_tag_rules.txt (4.9 KB, 251 views)
File Type: txt _js_tag_combination_rules.txt (658 Bytes, 236 views)
File Type: txt _js_tag_prefix_suffix_rules.txt (107 Bytes, 244 views)
File Type: txt _js_tag_splitting_rules.txt (182 Bytes, 225 views)
File Type: zip resources.zip (83.5 KB, 189 views)

Last edited by DaltonST; 10-20-2018 at 09:42 AM. Reason: New Rules Table: Tag Splitting Rules
Old 10-10-2018, 12:34 PM   #328
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Thank you very much for this! Off to try it now (otherwise known as copy/paste a bunch of tags from AO3 to spreadsheet).

Note for those running older versions of Excel (I run 2010), export options for csv are pretty much non-existent. I used LibreOffice instead and that seems to work just as well.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:41 AM   #329
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.136 Scrub Tags New Rules Table: Tag Prefix/Suffix Rules

Version 1.0.136 - 2018-10-15 Scrub Tags/Tag-Like Columns: New Rules Table: Tag Prefix/Suffix Rules.

Revised resources found in .../calibre/config/plugins/job_spy/resources have been revised and are attached. The .xlsx file is zipped since MobileRead does not allow that file extension to be uploaded.

See a prior post about the other rules tables.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=21

DaltonST
Attached Files
File Type: txt _js_tag_prefix_suffix_rules.txt (107 Bytes, 175 views)
File Type: zip JSTagRuleTablesInstructionsAndTemplates.zip (39.5 KB, 136 views)

Last edited by DaltonST; 10-20-2018 at 09:44 AM. Reason: more info.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:43 AM   #330
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Thanks! I'm still working on my tag wrangling spreadsheet (kinda doing it in short spurts when I find time and energy). However, I did some testing on a copy of my full AO3 library so I can catch all the tags (5K+ books) and that works brilliantly (admittedly, I initially made some booboos like using js_tag_string_replacement_rules instead of js_tag_rules).

Again, very much!

Last edited by ilovejedd; 10-15-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools