Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #61
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
The Spanish translation is complete
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #62
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I am currently working on the German translation. I have a small problem with short cuts for words where I don’t have an equivalent character:

'Save A &Copy…' will come to 'Sichere eine &Kopie…'

Can I make a new shortcut &K or will this end in a problem?
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #63
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
You can put the & in front of any letter in the menu as long as that letter is unique for the entire menu (e.g. K is fine if no other word in the File menu has an & before the K). Most people use the keyboard shortcuts anyway, but its nice to have the menu letter shortcuts available too.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:33 AM   #64
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your answer, meme. So I'll try to do some translations for the main window today.

Up to yesterday I completed a lot other areas and update the file at Transiflex. For user who want to take a first look on it can download the attached file and copy it in the translation folder (don’t forget to save the original file). It's completed up to 61%.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DivingDuck20121019_sigil_de.zip (40.0 KB, 814 views)

Last edited by Divingduck; 10-19-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #65
Divingduck
Wizard

Meme,
I've done some more of the german translation (excluding dublin core).

I found maybe one minor problem in the code of Language section. There are two entries with the same code:
"new" << tr( "Nepal Bhasa" ) <<
"new" << tr( "Newari" ) <<

I guess, the first one have to be
"nep" << tr( "Nepal Bhasa" ) <<

Users who want to take a look on it can download the attached file and copy it in the translation folder (don’t forget to save the original file). It's completed up to 80%.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DivingDuck2012-10-20_sigil_de.zip (53.8 KB, 853 views)
Advert
Old 10-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #66
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. I've corrected it (merging it into "Nepal Bhasa/Newari"), although it might not make it into the translations string for this release.

That dublin core list is pretty long
Old 10-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #67
Divingduck
Wizard

"That dublin core list is pretty long - Yes, it is killing me

Due to the merging, if I'm looking in the documentation of ISO 639-2b, there are 2 entries, so it's better to have it separate:
"nep" = "Nepal Bhasa"
"new" = "Newari"

Some nice findings:
"lol" = "Mongo-Nkundu" and "tlh" = Klingon (Artificial language). I like to see a Klingon star trek version of Sigil

By the way, I made a update at transiflex. The de-File for the translation folder is attached below.

Nice WE
Attached Files
File Type: zip DivingDuck_2012-10-27_sigil_de.zip (61.4 KB, 802 views)
Old 10-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #68
meme
Sigil developer

Well from http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-...glish_list.php we're using the 639-1 code if it exists, and if not then the 639-2 code. So "ne" is "Nepali" (with "nep" the 639-2 code) and "new" is "Nepal Bhasa" and "Newari". Until someone actually using the code comments that a different code is needed, I think we'll leave it as is for now

Think of the Dublin Core as a challenge

You should have more time now as I think it will be frozen imminently for 0.6.0 and the next updates won't be seen until 0.6.1.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #69
Divingduck
Wizard

I made a update at transiflex. The de-File for the translation folder is attached below.

I am looking for some missing translation strings:

From menu:
Format -> Heading -> next window has no translation strings (pic Aufzeichnen)

Tools -> Metadata editor -> Metadata editor window: right click in field Title, Author or Save as open context menu in English, no translation strings found (pic Aufzeichnen 4)

Tools -> Index -> Index Editor -> Index editor window: right click in field Filter open context menu in English, no translation strings found (pic Aufzeichnen 4)

Tools -> Reports -> Report window: right click in field Filter open context menu in English, no translation strings found (pic Aufzeichnen 4)

Insert -> Picture -> next Window: right click in field Filter open context menu in English, no translation strings found (pic Aufzeichnen 4)

Insert -> ID -> next Window: right click in field Filter open context menu in English, no translation strings found (pic Aufzeichnen 4)

Insert -> Hyperlink -> next Window: right click in field Filter open context menu in English, no translation strings found (pic Aufzeichnen 4)

Search -> Go to line -> next Window: right click in field line number open context menu in English, no translation strings found (pic Aufzeichnen 5)

In code view:
Right click in window open context menu in English, no translation strings found (pic Aufzeichnen 2)

Right click in search or replace field open context menu in English, no translation strings found (pic Aufzeichnen 3)

In book view:
Right click in search or replace field open context menu in English, no translation strings found (pic Aufzeichnen 3)

Thanks for the new before chrismas version
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufzeichnen.JPG
Views:	888
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	97182   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufzeichnen2.JPG
Views:	914
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	97187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufzeichnen3.JPG
Views:	910
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	97188   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufzeichnen4.JPG
Views:	845
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	97189   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufzeichnen5.JPG
Views:	819
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	97190  
Attached Files
File Type: zip DivingDuck_2012-12-03_sigil_de.zip (62.3 KB, 771 views)
Old 12-08-2012, 04:38 AM   #70
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Divingduck

Can you please check the translation of "short-cut-strings"?

I think it is not correct to translate "Ctrl" to "Strg"

With GUI Language set to German goto Bearbeiten - Einstellungen - Tasterturkürzel and press button "Alle zurücksetzen"

All shortcuts former prefixed with Ctrl will loose this. E.g. it will become impossible to type square brackets.

Reset Language to English. Restart Sigil, reset keyboard shortcuts once again, you will see the difference.

Thanks.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:21 AM   #71
Divingduck
Wizard

I see the point. The correct translation is [Strg] because all German keyboards layout have a [Strg] instead of [Ctrl] key since the last 30 years I use keyboards.

Wikipedia: German keyboard layout and Wikipedia: Keyboard layout

I just recognize that unfortunately an international keyboard layout seems to be not supported in Sigil. That's the problem with language and translations. Surprises came up where you do not expect it.

Your point is correct and I think I need to change this back to Ctrl as long as there is no difference of international keyboard layouts in Sigil. By the way you are the first one who have recognize (ore let me say use) this. I had made the change some when mid October.

Thanks for your comment.

@User_none and meme
I will change this back but it is a problem for translation and documentation. People who a working with IT will have no problem to understand that [Ctrl] is the same as [Strg] but there is still the point that this key do not exist in a keyboard layout for Germany and Austria. As this isn't a common standard for these countries. My guess is to describe this in the documentation and may be in the shortcut editor window. Then there is no misunderstanding.
When I look into other programs like MS Windows, MS Office, Adobe products etc. this key will be translated and used as [Strg]. This is common standard. Maybe this is something you can implement some when in the future.

Have a nice sunday.

Last edited by Divingduck; 12-09-2012 at 04:26 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #72
Divingduck
Wizard

I did an update at Transiflex. Here is the update german language file. Replace file sigil_de.qm in subdirectory of Silgil translation files ( ...\Sigil\translations\) restart Sigil and reset the shortcuts in preferences.

Comments are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	853
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	97458  
Attached Files
File Type: zip DivingDuck_2012-12-09_sigil_de.zip (62.3 KB, 868 views)
Old 12-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #73
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
What? Is the code to actually process the shortcuts using the translated strings? If that's the case, I think it's a bug (or a misfeature).

If the translation system is currently intended to allow adapting shortcuts for different languages, then I suggest adding strings for the different key names, so the code can compare the shortcut strings with them, and set the right shortcut.

(I've been using "Mayús" as a translation for "Shift" in the Spanish translation, and that's what non-computer-savvy people are most likely to understand.)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #74
Divingduck
Wizard

The problem accrued by changing the translation from Crtl+key to STRG+keys in the MainWindow translation source text. Pls. see attached file.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	833
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	97645  
Old 12-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #75
meme
Sigil developer

There appears to be an option notr for no translation for strings that probably should be used in the ui files for all the shortcut strings. It was being used mistakenly for the heading formats - which is good because now I know what to change for the shortcuts