Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-25-2015, 12:59 PM   #16
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thanks for the recommendation - I'll take a look at that.
You're welcome!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 05:18 PM   #17
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
PDF Expert supports tabbed reading as well...

And thanks to OP for the tip, looks nice!
Foxit too (freeware)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/foxi...507040546?mt=8

Goodreader allows this for the same document also, so, I guess, every change in either tabs can be saved in the same document automatically, whereas if we open the same document under two names in Foxit, it's not so easy to save the changes in just one document.

We can split pdf beforehand, though, and use those parts, joining them later after annotation.

Before Foxit I used to read 2-3 pdf "simultaneously" on ipad 4/2/or 1, simply by opening several adequate pdf readers simultaneously and using multitasking, (swipping gestures) to change the current pdf reader quickly.

Last edited by markom; 11-26-2015 at 06:03 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:25 PM   #18
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markom View Post
Foxit too
Great to hear that Foxit has this now as well...
Old 11-28-2015, 08:52 PM   #19
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I picked up PDF Expert 5 from the app store via AppsGoneFree (another app, notifies 5-6 free apps daily) ... that was earlier this week IIRC, could be worth picking up AGF and keeping an eye open. For the financially challenged such as myself, AGF is an excellent resource.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:39 PM   #20
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Great to hear that Foxit has this now as well...
Also:

PerfectReader 3 (lite).

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/perf...436633759?mt=8

Settings ----> PerfectReader3 viewer mode (instead of PerfectReader2 page-curl mode).

In the lite version we can open five tabs, with the first tab automatically replaced if we open the sixth pdf file.

tiReader (lite).

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tire...688254749?mt=8

Multiple tabs for pdf, djvu, epub, mobi etc.

I've been using an older lite version with five tabs (also five files in the library) limitation.

TinyPDF (freeware)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tiny...596655478?mt=8

Six tabs.

Last edited by markom; 11-29-2015 at 09:25 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:21 AM   #21
harriska2
Addict
harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Pro
Foxit is not optimized (screen and font wise) for the ipad pro so it looks huge and fuzzy. It also doesn't support split screen. I ended up buying PDF Expert 5 (missed the free sale so i got AppsGoneFree). Loaded my 30gb of pdfs and it works a treat. I had PDF Expert 4 but it was not optimized for the ipad pro. Thanks for the suggestions, guys
harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:48 PM   #22
perl168
perl168 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 10.5 inch
My take on trying LiquidText on iPad Pro 10.5 inch:

1. The inking with finger or Apple pencil is great, but have to pay $30 to purchase the full version. This enables writing anywhere, and connecting any two things making a network/map of annotations.

2. No audio recording for class lecture or self note. Cheaper competitors like Notability and MarginNote offer this.

3. Text search does not work on self created text comments, which is very odd. This is seriously in need of fixing.
perl168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:47 PM   #23
johnnyb
Cloud Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by perl168 View Post
My take on trying LiquidText on iPad Pro 10.5 inch:

1. The inking with finger or Apple pencil is great, but have to pay $30 to purchase the full version. This enables writing anywhere, and connecting any two things making a network/map of annotations.

2. No audio recording for class lecture or self note. Cheaper competitors like Notability and MarginNote offer this.

3. Text search does not work on self created text comments, which is very odd. This is seriously in need of fixing.
I had a look at the app recently and liked it. But all my docs sync well between Mac and iPad via iCloud and PDF Expert is really the champ in that field.
Plus I found that no digital notes in the world can replace reviewing them afterwards which is why I starting using Notability in conjunction with it to copy and paste quotes into while being able to use my pencil for quick handwritten notes.
If Liquidtext came with a Mac companion and seamless iCloud sync comparable to PDF expert, maybe I‘d even consider paying money for it...
Old 09-04-2018, 01:29 PM   #24
azayn
Groupie
azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nova 3, Galaxy S22+, iPad
I installed this on my iPad Mini to read a PDF textbook for a course I recently took. This is hands down the best app for handling large document where you need annotation and mark up capabilities. The highlighting, note taking, and ability to view pages side by side while not losing your place in the book is fantastic. Neither the Kindle app nor FoxIt came close to the same level of functionality that the free version of LiquidText has.

I only wish it didn't cost an arm & a leg to upgrade to the Pro version.

Last edited by azayn; 09-04-2018 at 09:31 PM.
azayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:13 AM   #25
johnnyb
Cloud Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by azayn View Post
I only wish it didn't cost an arm & a leg to upgrade to the Pro version.
I'd gladly pay for that if they had a companion Mac app and sync between them.
Main reason I am staying with PDF Expert (which is a good second)...