Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #181
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Smile Any help appreciated.

For us newbies, could someone sort of wrap-up the elibraries that "foreigners" can join relatively painlessly ?
We have some in the UK but most require local addresses.
It'd be fantastic to belong to Philly, Singapore et al.

Are there any others ? (Apologies for getting the benefit of your research, but I'm not a tech whiz at all, and it baffles me sometimes ! )
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #182
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
For us newbies, could someone sort of wrap-up the elibraries that "foreigners" can join relatively painlessly ?
We have some in the UK but most require local addresses.
It'd be fantastic to belong to Philly, Singapore et al.

Are there any others ? (Apologies for getting the benefit of your research, but I'm not a tech whiz at all, and it baffles me sometimes ! )
This link should be helpful.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #183
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Thanks Loosheesh, but I can see I need to put a day or so aside to concentrate on this !
Having a few problems with Singapore library, probably me................
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #184
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Effective Monday, March 14, 2011, the Free Library of Philadelphia will increase its out-of-area card fee to $35 annually."

More here.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #185
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It is still worth it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #186
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Actually, I'm almost glad to hear it, as it means they'll be continuing to offer the cards!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #187
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It is still worth it.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Actually, I'm almost glad to hear it, as it means they'll be continuing to offer the cards!
I had the same reaction; I was getting antsy with all that talk about geographic restrictions ...
Old 03-12-2011, 04:14 AM   #188
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I agree with JSWolf and Catlady (and Loosheesh). I was afraid they weren't to offer it after all the chatting about changes in the library system.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:08 AM   #189
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It is still worth it.
+100

I agree.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:33 AM   #190
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I agree with those that are relieved because it's an indication they'll keep offering memberships to non-residents. I have been worried, reading about how several libraries stopped offering non-resident memberships.
Doesn't mean I'm not happy to have paid my $15 a few days ago.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #191
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
So far I've borrowed very few books but I will continue my membership. Just recently I wanted to borrow the Hunger game series but they only had it in audio books.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #192
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Y'all are famous.

Quote:
You can get a Free Library of Philadelphia card at no cost if you live, work or go to school in Philadelphia or if you're a resident of Pennsylvania or if you're a veteran, senior citizen, or member of the active military anywhere in the world.

And if you don't fall into any of those categories, you can still be a member of the library. It's $35 a year and you'll have all the same downloading privileges. All members can borrow eBooks for one to three weeks.

Many people all around the world are signing up.

"Countries in Europe, Germany, Italy, France, England, Ireland, as far away as China, New Zealand, Singapore," Reardon said.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #193
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
I was wondering if the email address you provide to create an account (when filing the form for non-resident subscription) has to be your ADE ID ? I already have an account, but intended to offer a subscription to someone, so I wondered if the subscription is in anyway related to my ADE account (I would think so, else anyone could use an existing subscription).
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #194
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi View Post
I was wondering if the email address you provide to create an account (when filing the form for non-resident subscription) has to be your ADE ID ? I already have an account, but intended to offer a subscription to someone, so I wondered if the subscription is in anyway related to my ADE account (I would think so, else anyone could use an existing subscription).
I strongly doubt there's a connection but someone else who knows for sure should probably chime in.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #195
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
No, there is no connection between the e-mail addresses.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia, free library, new zealand, non-us, philadelphia