Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-20-2004, 07:43 AM   #1
canerata7
Nameless Being

How to convert pdf from school

Hi, I need to convert RTF files to pdf (by using adobe acrobat) using computers in school. But I can not install it because students are not allowed to install new printers etc. So is there a way to do it? Converting pdf without installing a virtual printer by Acrobat? Or any oher program that can do this?
Old 01-20-2004, 08:31 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
canerata7,

do you have adobe acrobat or adobe acrobat reader? The full adobe acrobat usually installs a plugin in Winword that allows you to automatically save the rtf file as pdf. Or: Save the Winword as a html document and see if you can open the html document in adobe acrobat.

If you don't have access to full adobe acrobat, I suggest you look for one of the many shareware pdf creators, some of them don't need a virtual printer driver.

http://www.softpedia.com/public/scripts/search.php
... search for pdf

Hope that helps.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2004, 09:09 AM   #3
Unregistered
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander

If you don't have access to full adobe acrobat, I suggest you look for one of the many shareware pdf creators, some of them don't need a virtual printer driver.
Yes, I have acrobat (not the reader).
Can you tell me name of a program that don't need a virtual printer driver? Thanks
Old 01-20-2004, 09:31 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
"Unregistered",

Have you looked at http://www.softpedia.com/public/scripts/search.php and searched for 'pdf'?

For instance, I would try out http://www.visagesoft.com/easypdf/ because from the product description it does not appear to use a virtual printer driver for converting to pdf.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote