Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-04-2019, 10:21 PM   #1
kzesoon
kzesoon began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
Firmware downgrade is possible? PW2 is jailbroken, FW 5.10.1.1.

My PW2 is jailbroken, FW 5.10.1.1. how to downgrade the firmware?
kzesoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:42 PM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=272132
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:42 AM   #3
kzesoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
this method is still work? i do not want my kindle become a brick.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:55 AM   #4
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzesoon View Post
this method is still work? i do not want my kindle become a brick.
Check it out and report here or there.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:01 AM   #5
kzesoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Check it out and report here or there.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:08 AM   #6
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
If someone here knew of a problem with the procedure they would surely tell you if not have already posted about it. Nobody though can guarantee that you won't brick your device. That is always a (small) risk. I don't think that will happen if you follow the directions but if you aren't willing to accept a small risk, then don't try it.

If you do proceed, we'd appreciate the additional confirmation that it worked for you. Or in the unlikely event something goes wrong, I'm sure that someone would try to help you recover.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:28 AM   #7
kzesoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junket View Post
If someone here knew of a problem with the procedure they would surely tell you if not have already posted about it. Nobody though can guarantee that you won't brick your device. That is always a (small) risk. I don't think that will happen if you follow the directions but if you aren't willing to accept a small risk, then don't try it.

If you do proceed, we'd appreciate the additional confirmation that it worked for you. Or in the unlikely event something goes wrong, I'm sure that someone would try to help you recover.
A lot of words but no help at all,