Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-13-2018, 01:05 PM   #1
m1lovanovt
m1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015)
Scripts for generating word wise information

Hello to everyone!

I've created a tool for generating word wise information for third-party .mobi books. I've created it for personal use, but I'll be glad if someone finds it useful. There are number of significant flaws in it, so If there is a person who would like to contribute to it, it'll be great too. Script has been tested only for a dozen books from my own library on my Linux mint 17 x64 and my Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015).

Updated version

Executables (ZIP is too big to put in attachment):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3so1hpw8xf...ables.zip?dl=0

Source code:
https://github.com/tmilovanov/wisecreator

Last edited by m1lovanovt; 06-08-2018 at 05:06 PM. Reason: New version
m1lovanovt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:25 AM   #2
bibo59
bibo59 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1lovanovt View Post
Hello to everyone!

I've created a tool for generating word wise information for a third-party mobi books. I've created it for personal use, but I'll be glad if someone finds it useful. There are number of significant flaws in it, so If there is a person who would like to contribute to it, it'll be great too. Script has been tested only for a dozen books from my own library on my Linux mint 17 x64 and my Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015).
Hello,
thank you, your tool work (i modified "with open(path_to_rawml, 'rt',encoding="latin-1")" to avoid the utf-8 codec error) ).

But the definitions are not under the right words.

For example:

inside: "to cry out"
to: "to talk in a quick way"

Regards,

Getting ASIN of the book
Collecting words...
Count of words: 219325
Processing words: |█████████████████████████████-----------------------------------------------------------------------| 28.6% CompleteUNIQUE constraint failed: glosses.start
Processing words: |██████████████████████████████████████--------------------------------------------------------------| 38.2% CompleteUNIQUE constraint failed: glosses.start
Processing words: |█████████████████████████████████████████████████ ███████--------------------------------------------| 56.3% CompleteUNIQUE constraint failed: glosses.start
Processing words: |█████████████████████████████████████████████████ ███████████----------------------------------------| 59.7% CompleteUNIQUE constraint failed: glosses.start
Processing words: |█████████████████████████████████████████████████ █████████████--------------------------------------| 62.2% CompleteUNIQUE constraint failed: glosses.start
Processing words: |█████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████-------------------------------| 69.0% CompleteUNIQUE constraint failed: glosses.start
Processing words: |█████████████████████████████████████████████████ █████████████████████------------------------------| 69.7% CompleteUNIQUE constraint failed: glosses.start
Processing words: |█████████████████████████████████████████████████ ███████████████████████████████████████████--------| 92.0% CompleteUNIQUE constraint failed: glosses.start
Processing words: |█████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ █| 100.0% Complete
bibo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:22 AM   #3
AmirHXe
AmirHXe began at the beginning.

Device: none
Could somebody explain to me how to run this script?
I cannot figure it out
AmirHXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:23 AM   #4
fendesa
Enthusiast
fendesa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Hello to everyone!

I've created a tool for generating word wise information for a third-party mobi books. I've created it for personal use, but I'll be glad if someone finds it useful. There are number of significant flaws in it, so If there is a person who would like to contribute to it, it'll be great too. Script has been tested only for a dozen books from my own library on my Linux mint 17 x64 and my Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015).
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmirHXe View Post
Could somebody explain to me how to run this script?
I cannot figure it out
there is a read me file inside te zip:
To run the script you will need: 1.Python3 2.Python libs: NLTK: http://www.nltk.org/ sqlite3 3.calibre (console utility "ebook-convert" is used inside the script)

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk
fendesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:37 PM   #5
AmirHXe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fendesa View Post
there is a read me file inside te zip:
To run the script you will need: 1.Python3 2.Python libs: NLTK: http://www.nltk.org/ sqlite3 3.calibre (console utility "ebook-convert" is used inside the script)

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk
I have read that
but I just cannot manage it
Would you mind explaining it clearly?
Old 04-07-2018, 03:30 AM   #6
AmirHXe

it gives me:
[WinError 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application
and sometimes:
[WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified
Old 04-10-2018, 03:09 PM   #7
m1lovanovt
m1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thanks for bug report : ) Now I've fixed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibo59 View Post
thank you, your tool work (i modified "with open(path_to_rawml, 'rt',encoding="latin-1")" to avoid the utf-8 codec error) ).

This is because you changed the encoding, so offsets inside database changed too.
Now as I said the error is fixed, but if on your book it remains, can you send the book to me to check it out?
Quote:
But the definitions are not under the right words.

For example:

inside: "to cry out"
to: "to talk in a quick way"
You can download updated version for windows.
Also, I've packed everything in executables that are easy to run. They are slower though.
Quote:
it gives me:
[WinError 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application
and sometimes:
[WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified
Old 04-11-2018, 12:28 PM   #8
AmirHXe

Excuse me
I've installed Calibre but when I try to run the program, it gives me error(attachment)
and does this work for amazon's android kindle app?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1242
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	163410  
Old 04-11-2018, 01:31 PM   #9
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Also, I've packed everything in executables that are easy to run. They are slower though.
Thanks! Worked fine for me
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:57 AM   #10
bibo59

Quote:
Thanks for bug report : ) Now I've fixed it.

This is because you changed the encoding, so offsets inside database changed too.
Now as I said the error is fixed, but if on your book it remains, can you send the book to me to check it out?

Hi,
thank you, il will try again
Old 04-14-2018, 01:40 AM   #11
bibo59

Quote:
Hi,
thank you, il will try again
Hello, it's fine now, thank you very much for your work
Old 04-14-2018, 07:25 AM   #12
AmirHXe

hi
finally I managed to run the program
but it doesn't seem to be working on kindle android app
is there any solution?
Old 04-14-2018, 05:42 PM   #13
m1lovanovt

Quote:
hi
finally I managed to run the program
but it doesn't seem to be working on kindle android app
is there any solution?
Sorry, I didn't test it on android and have no idea how it's implemented there.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:23 AM   #14
AmirHXe

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't test it on android and have no idea how it's implemented there.
Thanks
Old 04-17-2018, 01:36 AM   #15
robert.lo
robert.lo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Can you tell me how to put these files into my kindle? or pack it again and use send_to_kindle to deliver the book to amazon cloud?
robert.lo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
word wise