Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-17-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Calibre2 ?

When I installed the newest Calibre it created this...

C:\Program Files\Calibre2

Which is kind of weird. I'm not sure Calibre has always been Calibre2 or if I'm just now noticing but to make the BookIt plugin work it searches for Calibre command line tools not Calibre2 command line tools.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:02 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Kovid changed the default install folder.

If after accepting the GPL terms you select "Advanced" rather than "Install" you can change the install folder to whatever you like.

I am actually surprised that the install folder matters as Calibre should add the one used to the Windows search path.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Kovid changed the default install folder.

If after accepting the GPL terms you select "Advanced" rather than "Install" you can change the install folder to whatever you like.

I am actually surprised that the install folder matters as Calibre should add the one used to the Windows search path.
I think I now know why I was getting error messages, I'm just not sure why the install path was changed? What was wrong with Calibre without the 2?
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote