Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-26-2018, 01:53 PM   #1
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Kindle Oasis Voice View Update Problems?

Has anyone else had this issue? I had two Oasis's. One a 8th generation, and one a 9th Generation. As soon as I updated them to firmware 5.9.6.1, it says invalid update when I try to update it with the voice view files. I download the newest voice view files from Amazon, and it still says invalid update.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:21 PM   #2
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Read all the posts from here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ght=voice+view

EDIT: Blah, just noticed that you posted in that thread, so this post is (probably) useless.

Last edited by shamanNS; 06-26-2018 at 03:32 PM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:27 PM   #3
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

I did. Amazon did fix it. But it doesn't work anymore for me on 5.9.6.1.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:28 PM   #4
SKK
Addict

I am wondering if anyone else can try it on firmware 5.9.6.1, and see if it works for them.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:43 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
@SSK: I don’t understand the scenario.

I believe all 8th and later generation Kindles start out with /voice folder. Did you remove it?

Otherwise, there would be no need to run voice file installer.

What is the link you are using to download voice file installler? The only one I know of is here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...0049142&sr=1-3

And this only works with Paperwhite 7th gen. I got VoiceView on my Voyage by copying the files over from my Paperwhite, but I think other people have worked out how to extract the voice files from the above installer so that you can restore them to 8th gen devices.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:20 PM   #6
SKK
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
@SSK: I don’t understand the scenario.

I believe all 8th and later generation Kindles start out with /voice folder. Did you remove it?

Otherwise, there would be no need to run voice file installer.

What is the link you are using to download voice file installler? The only one I know of is here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...0049142&sr=1-3

And this only works with Paperwhite 7th gen. I got VoiceView on my Voyage by copying the files over from my Paperwhite, but I think other people have worked out how to extract the voice files from the above installer so that you can restore them to 8th gen devices.
This is the Link I am using: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=202199580

Yes, I did a factory reset which removed it, and I am running firmware 5.9.6.1. It says invalid update.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:12 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKK View Post
This is the Link I am using: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=202199580

Yes, I did a factory reset which removed it, and I am running firmware 5.9.6.1. It says invalid update.
Thanks. I don’t have either Oasis so I cannot try this. Hopefully someone else here can do so. Otherwise it sounds like Amazon needs to update the voice installers.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:01 AM   #8
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
I have the same problem. Did you get it running again?

Thanks
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:43 AM   #9
SKK
Addict

Hi, no I didn't.