Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-06-2019, 11:14 AM   #31
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I didn't know that. I guess I've never had a Kobo with an affiliate that blocked cover displays. Does Walmart do this?
I know FNAC does, as that was the affiliate on my first Kobo. Not sure if Walmart does, as the first thing I did after receiving the Clara was change the affiliate.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:52 PM   #32
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I know FNAC does, as that was the affiliate on my first Kobo. Not sure if Walmart does, as the first thing I did after receiving the Clara was change the affiliate.
Okay. My Shop Goodwill Aura (Edition 2) came in. It is affiliated with Bol but it showed the book covers by default. (At least I think it was the default as I ran through the setup procedure and I'm not exactly sure how Kobo handles all this.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2019, 11:08 PM   #33
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I have a Walmart Clara and have not changed the affiliate. I do have the option to show current read as the sleep screen. I'm not using it (I normally just let it show the Walmart Rakuten Kobo logo) but I've tried the show current read option and it works.

Last edited by 4691mls; 12-06-2019 at 11:19 PM.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:46 AM   #34
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
I think the difference (has always been??) that you can't show a blank screen if you have one of those affiliates. So if you like the book cover to show, you're fine, but if you want a neutral sleep/off screen, you have to change the affiliate.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:01 PM   #35
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
I think the difference (has always been??) that you can't show a blank screen if you have one of those affiliates. So if you like the book cover to show, you're fine, but if you want a neutral sleep/off screen, you have to change the affiliate.
Things may have changed over time and it may be different affiliate to affiliate. But when I bought my Aura back in 2016, there was no screensaver option with FNAC as the affiliate. That was all you got. I had to write a post about it and learn how to change the affiliate:

Quote:
One other thing: I couldn't find any option for screensavers when the Kobo is asleep. All I get right now is a box with 'fnac' in it.
Advert
Old 12-10-2019, 03:58 PM   #36
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Things may have changed over time and it may be different affiliate to affiliate. But when I bought my Aura back in 2016, there was no screensaver option with FNAC as the affiliate. That was all you got. I had to write a post about it and learn how to change the affiliate:
Looks like it is still true. Here's a thread started just today: Current cover screensaver missing
Old 12-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #37
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Looks like it is still true. Here's a thread started just today: Current cover screensaver missing
Weird. Why would FNAC do that?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:57 AM   #38
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Probably a stupid question, but what is "FNAC" ?
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:24 AM   #39
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Iirc, it's a French retailer. I remember wanting to buy some exclusive Blu-ray steelbooks from them.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:13 AM   #40
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Fnac is a large French retail chain selling cultural and electronic products, founded by André Essel and Max Théret in 1954.

I bought my Aura from a reseller on eBay and I guess it was FNAC overstock. When they are the affiliate, you don't have the option to change the screensaver. Just the FNAC logo.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:18 AM   #41
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Fnac is a large French retail chain selling cultural and electronic products, founded by André Essel and Max Théret in 1954.

I bought my Aura from a reseller on eBay and I guess it was FNAC overstock. When they are the affiliate, you don't have the option to change the screensaver. Just the FNAC logo.
I thought if you changed the affiliate you could then have them?
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:17 PM   #42
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
I thought if you changed the affiliate you could then have them?
If you change the affiliate, you can. There was a post arguing that all affiliates allowed the option of book covers. You just had to go into the options. Some affiliates(FNAC for sure, maybe others) do not.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:08 PM   #43
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
If you change the affiliate, you can. There was a post arguing that all affiliates allowed the option of book covers. You just had to go into the options. Some affiliates(FNAC for sure, maybe others) do not.
thank you. sorry, my mistake
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:38 AM   #44
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Not exactly what i was "arguing", but ok. I just thought it was a different problem than it is in reality. I was misremembering things, that's all.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:57 AM   #45
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
Not exactly what i was "arguing", but ok.
'advising'? 'suggesting'? I wasn't trying to make it sound combative.