Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-25-2020, 05:27 AM   #1
MICHEL13
MICHEL13 began at the beginning.

Device: huawey
SEVERAL BOOKS library WITH CALIBRE COMPANION

Hi

I have several thousand of books and when I connect my tablet in wifi mode it takes a very long time to connect to calibre.

I am thinking to split my book library which is easy with calibre but I dont see how to manage two libraries with calibre companion

Thank in advance for your help
MICHEL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:38 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHEL13 View Post
I have several thousand of books and when I connect my tablet in wifi mode it takes a very long time to connect to calibre.

I am thinking to split my book library which is easy with calibre but I dont see how to manage two libraries with calibre companion
Connect one, disconnect, change library, connect to other
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 12:13 PM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Connection time should not be affected by number of books in the library .
It's not like it needs to count them or open them all !

What is your WiFi speed and how long is a "very long time".
Have you tried and measured the times for all of : connect to content server. Connect as wireless device, connect via some other app? E.g. a file explorer to shared folder on pc

Fyi have about 1,500 books, fast WiFi. Cc conection to content server is almost instant - definitely less than a second

You can eliminate cc as a test in another way. Use the device browser to connect to calibre content server via its URL. Now fast or slow is that?

Last edited by stumped; 06-22-2020 at 12:16 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:55 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I never see the speeds folk around here claim , but typically it is a few seconds for some sort of response. After that, it is brisk. Even at a remote site.

Note: Some power settings on your server may cause delays. If the HD spins down, it has to come back to speed before toy get a screen of covers. Low RAM may cause SWAP. delays
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 01:08 AM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Fyi have about 1,500 books, fast WiFi. Cc conection to content server is almost instant - definitely less than a second
Connect with more than 13.000 books, Fast WiFi, conection as wireless device:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CC Sync.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	180108  
Old 06-23-2020, 03:21 AM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Connect with more than 13.000 books, Fast WiFi, conection as wireless device:
which shows there is probably nothing wrong with CC.
he gets those results with CC connect " as wireless device" & I get very fast results with " content server"
OP shoudl do the tests and workarounds in #3 to investigate slow speeds
Old 06-23-2020, 06:22 AM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
which shows there is probably nothing wrong with CC.
he gets those results with CC connect " as wireless device" & I get very fast results with " content server"
However, it can take much longer if a large amount of metadata is updated.
However, this only affects wireless transmission

Last edited by ottischwenk; 06-23-2020 at 06:29 AM.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:07 AM   #8
stumped
Wizard

surely it connects, then it syncs ( after it has connected). he's complaining about the connection time, I think,, not about the sync time.
" it takes a very long time to connect to calibre"
but if he can't be bothered to actually time it and try the other suggestions, he'll ahve to live with it