Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-27-2020, 02:58 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Kindle (10th generation) on sale for $59.99 USD.

We have had reports that storage has been bumped up to 8GB, but maybe this sale is of older stock that has the 4GB as listed in product specifications. White model is out of stock until July 7, perhaps that means it has the newer configuration? Seems we can only speculate.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 04:40 PM   #2
carb
carb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2019 (G090VB)
I have bought one. It appears to be a repackaging of the Kids' Edition (G090VB) and it comes with 8GB of storage. Stock firmware is 5.12.2 . I bought it expecting it to be a KT4 that I could jailbreak. I guess I'm just going to be sitting on it disconnected from the wifi and praying for a jailbreak for the time being.

Sucks, I was hoping to play some Zork.
carb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:23 PM   #3
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
We have had reports that storage has been bumped up to 8GB, but maybe this sale is of older stock that has the 4GB as listed in product specifications. White model is out of stock until July 7, perhaps that means it has the newer configuration? Seems we can only speculate.
“Where are you seeing this price?”
Never mind. I think I found it. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-...&ref=212&loc=1

Last edited by Sol Arkite; 05-27-2020 at 05:30 PM.
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:49 PM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Please post deals in the Deals forum only. Thanks.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:17 AM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Maybe they've heard rumors that Kobo's Nia is going to be released soon and Kobo/Walmart are planning a low introductory price for it. (Assuming it is the Kobo clone of the Tolino Page 2.) It would be nice to have competition at the low-end again.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:20 AM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Arkite View Post
“Where are you seeing this price?”
Never mind. I think I found it. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-...&ref=212&loc=1
Just type in Kindle.com... or click...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07978J597

Maybe it depends on where you live?

Last edited by rcentros; 05-28-2020 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:54 PM   #7
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by carb View Post
I have bought one. It appears to be a repackaging of the Kids' Edition (G090VB) and it comes with 8GB of storage. Stock firmware is 5.12.2 . I bought it expecting it to be a KT4 that I could jailbreak. I guess I'm just going to be sitting on it disconnected from the wifi and praying for a jailbreak for the time being.

Sucks, I was hoping to play some Zork.
I'm curious - why would you jailbreak an e-ink Kindle?
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:49 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Forget the $59.99 price. The price is back to $89.99.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:49 PM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Forget the $59.99 price. The price is back to $89.99.
That didn't take long. Amazon has been doing more of this lately. Maybe Kobo is starting to cut into their market a little.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:58 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
That didn't take long. Amazon has been doing more of this lately. Maybe Kobo is starting to cut into their market a little.
That would be so nice if true.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote