Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-13-2019, 03:11 AM   #1
Kibiras
Kibiras began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10th
Question All-New Kindle (10th) and Calibre

Hello. I hope I found right place for that. I searched many topics for this question and found many answers in different places. So I don't get it. Will Calibre help me with e-books? I mean if I download book from other site, not from amazon shop and I will calibrate that book, will I get block from Kindle or no?
Kibiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 04:36 AM   #2
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
You can use books from any source and sideload to your Kindle without getting blocked by Amazon.

Of course you have to convert your books to a format your Kindle can read. Also you can't convert protected eBooks, unless you deDRM them ...

Doing that won't get you blocked either, but removing DRM could be illegal in your country.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2019, 05:53 AM   #3
Kibiras

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
You can use books from any source and sideload to your Kindle without getting blocked by Amazon.

Of course you have to convert your books to a format your Kindle can read. Also you can't convert protected eBooks, unless you deDRM them ...

Doing that won't get you blocked either, but removing DRM could be illegal in your country.
Thank you for information. Because many places where I searched it told smth about DRM, and that Calibre remove DRM and you can easily read books and if you don't remove DRM you will be blocked by Amazon, because they gather information from kindle or smth like that. So I'm a little confused at this situation .
Old 12-13-2019, 06:38 AM   #4
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
For information about dealing with DRM, google Apprentice Alf. Calibre doesn't automatically strip DRM, but Alf will give you tools to do it.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:31 AM   #5
Kibiras

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
For information about dealing with DRM, google Apprentice Alf. Calibre doesn't automatically strip DRM, but Alf will give you tools to do it.
Thank you. But still I can upload both, DRM and nonDRM books to my kindle? I mean I will not get any block or anything like that?
Advert
Old 12-13-2019, 07:36 AM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
You won't get blocked for anything you sideload to your Kindle.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:41 AM   #7
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Edit: you can't sideload non-Amazon books with DRM to your Kindle. The Kindle won't be able to read them, as they're in the wrong format. You have to remove the DRM and convert to a Kindle format.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:44 AM   #8
Kibiras

Okay, thank you for many answers. I'll just try it by my self and then I will see what's working and what's not
Old 12-13-2019, 10:40 AM   #9
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibiras View Post
Okay, thank you for many answers. I'll just try it by my self and then I will see what's working and what's not
Calibre does a great job of converting unlocked (deDRMed) books that are ePub and other formats to the Kindle format so you can view them on your Kindle. There are multiple ways you can get those books to a Kindle including sideloading directly to the Kindle and emailing the books to your Kindle account so they can be put in your cloud library. Do your research and find the best method for your needs.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:30 PM   #10
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I'm not sure which formats can be used on the 'All New' kindle paperwhite. I tend to prefer azw3 so that I can use custom fonts. Kindles don't read epub, so if you buy an epub which is DRM'd you'll need to strip the DRM before conversion to mobi or azw3 etc. If you try to convert a DRM'd book Calibre will tell you that it can't be done.

Alf enables you to strip the DRM.

If you buy a book from Amazon, which may or may not be DRM'd, you can just put this onto your kindle. No need to bother with Calibre unless you want to create metadata etc using Calibre.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:26 PM   #11
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I have the new Paperwhite and I use Calibre and Apprentice Alf to remove DRM and convert the book either into a mobi file to use on my Paperwhite or an epub to use on my Nook or Kobo. A lot of people prefer Azw3 for the Kindles but I'm fine with mobi, not for any reason but just because that's what I've been doing so long.

It's trivial to do it once you've installed Calibre and Apprentice Alf's plugins.

I buy nearly all my books from Amazon so I don't really have to do this but I like having a safe copy just in case. And I do have other devices to read on.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:38 AM   #12
Kibiras

So for now everything is works . Just calibre sometimes calibrate a little bit strange. Like new paragraph starting when sentence wasn't ended and etc., but still I'm happy with that All-new 10th . Also bought first manga, it was amazing also .

Also one question, anyone know where I can find discount codes on Kindle shop for books?
Old 12-17-2019, 08:13 AM   #13
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
So for now everything is works . Just calibre sometimes calibrate a little bit strange. Like new paragraph starting when sentence wasn't ended and etc., but still I'm happy with that All-new 10th . Also bought first manga, it was amazing also .

Also one question, anyone know where I can find discount codes on Kindle shop for books?
You can sign up for Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/welcome and Ereader News Today http://www.ereadernewstoday.com/ to get emailed deals on books. When you sign up, it will ask you what types of books you like.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:47 AM   #14
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
If you're in USA, Canada or UK, register at ereaderiq.com and tell it which books and authors you want, and they'll email you when they go on offer at Amazon.

Amazon doesn't really do discount codes. Instead, they have daily and monthly offers where a small number of ebooks are discounted. So you should check Amazon every day, or use ereaderiq.com if they cover your country.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 02:19 AM   #15
Kibiras

Thank you both. I will use first links because I'm from Lithuania What a friendly community