Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-18-2019, 04:33 PM   #1
f2fanatic
f2fanatic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle pw
From iPad to Kobo

I have bought 91 books from different sources, Simon % Schuster, Barnes.... that I was reading on an iPad ( I know, I know ) before deciding to buy my first reader, a Kobo H2O that makes me wonder why I have waited so long.

I have tried everything possible (for me) after researching the web to get my books which are all DRM protected of course on my new reader but no success. Is this possible or have I spent a good amount of money on books stuck on an iPad?
Thanks
f2fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:49 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Any eBooks you bought from Apple or Barnes & Noble are unable to be read on your Kobo.

However, if you run Calibre and download the DeDRM plugin, you can remove the DRM from your ePub.

https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/

You cannot ask for help about removing the DRM here. But you can ask on the blog at the link above.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:06 PM   #3
f2fanatic

Thanks JS, I have Calibre and the plugin. My problem is getting the books out of the iPad in the epub format. I have installed iExplorer in order to be able to see and import the books but when I do so, I have some HTML crap with the covers but no books!!! What am I doing wrong?
Old 10-18-2019, 08:29 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2fanatic View Post
Thanks JS, I have Calibre and the plugin. My problem is getting the books out of the iPad in the epub format. I have installed iExplorer in order to be able to see and import the books but when I do so, I have some HTML crap with the covers but no books!!! What am I doing wrong?
If you can,install and authorize Adobe Digital Editions 2.0.1

https://www.adobe.com/support/digita...downloads.html

To authorize, you need a username/login on https://www.adobe.com.

If any of those eBook on the iPad are from Apple or B&N, just leave them. You cannot move them to the Kobo. Once you get ADE installed and authorized, go to the stores you bought the ePub from (except Apple and B&N) and download them again. The .acsm file is used by ADE to download the DRMed ePub. If the ePub has no DRM, just save it someplace.

If the plugin is working, when you import the DRMed ePub to Calibre, the DRM will be removed. This is as much as I can say about using the plugin in this thread. But if you need any more help with ADE, that I can help with.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:28 AM   #5
f2fanatic

Thanks for your time and expertise, and I will stay away forever from Apple and B&N, not that it will change anything.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:46 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2fanatic View Post
Thanks for your time and expertise, and I will stay away forever from Apple and B&N, not that it will change anything.
Did you buy any ePub from any shops other then Apple or B&N?