Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-12-2009, 07:08 AM   #46
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
UPS finally updated their tracking on my nook...

It is scheduled to be delivered 12/14 - So it looks like they will not deliver today even though it was shipped next day air..
That's typical unless Saturday Delivery is specified.

A question. Are EPub books available yet through the B&N store or are they (and the nook) still relying on the ereader format?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #47
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
That's typical unless Saturday Delivery is specified.

A question. Are EPub books available yet through the B&N store or are they (and the nook) still relying on the ereader format?
So far I think just PDB, but I cannot say sure since there is nothing that indicates the format.

I think they plan a complete switch, probably like sony did....
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #48
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
So far I think just PDB, but I cannot say sure since there is nothing that indicates the format.

I think they plan a complete switch, probably like sony did....
Thanks. I'll be more seriously interested in them/the nook once that happens. I didn't see anything to indicate the format either...
Old 12-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #49
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I bought my Nook as a reward for quitting tobacco. I'm using the money I would have spent on cigarettes to pay for it.

My wife, who is watching the screen as I write this says if I go back to smoking, she's going to hide the Nook in a very special place. (I can't help but wonder if her plans in the event of my backsliding are even anatomically possible.)
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #50
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I bought my Nook as a reward for quitting tobacco. I'm using the money I would have spent on cigarettes to pay for it.

My wife, who is watching the screen as I write this says if I go back to smoking, she's going to hide the Nook in a very special place. (I can't help but wonder if her plans in the event of my backsliding are even anatomically possible.)

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 01:04 AM   #51
Nitrousoxide
Enthusiast
Nitrousoxide began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Just checked my e-mail and found the same message, except that mine should arrive by Dec. 18.

Perhaps my order got in before yours. I ordered mine Nov. 7.
I got that same email that says it should arrive by the 18th but the site itself says that it should SHIP on the 21st.
Nitrousoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:14 AM   #52
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousoxide View Post
I got that same email that says it should arrive by the 18th but the site itself says that it should SHIP on the 21st.
Got an e-mail this morning--the Nook should arrive today (Dec. 16). I just checked the UPS site and their schedule reads "On Time."
Old 12-16-2009, 09:55 AM   #53
kennyc

Quote:
Got an e-mail this morning--the Nook should arrive today (Dec. 16). I just checked the UPS site and their schedule reads "On Time."
Hey! Here's hoping!

Old 12-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #54
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
...the Nook should arrive today (Dec. 16)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Hey! Here's hoping! ...
Just checked the UPS site. The Nook is "OUT FOR DELIVERY."
Old 12-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #55
kennyc

Quote:
Just checked the UPS site. The Nook is "OUT FOR DELIVERY."

Old 12-16-2009, 07:23 PM   #56
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Nookie's here!

I'm going to play with it for a week to get familiar with it before making any major comments on it.