Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-19-2014, 12:27 PM   #46
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Huh. So, the JB is okay, the package is okay, yet it fails. Awesome.

What's the exact FW version/build number the device is running, and did you happen to break the openssl binary?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #47
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Provided you have a recent USBNet build installed, does this work?

Code:
cd /mnt/us
kindletool convert -kws Update_mkk-20140214-k5-ALL_install.bin
openssl dgst -sha256 -verify /etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem -signature Update_mkk-20140214-k5-ALL_install.psig Update_mkk-20140214-k5-ALL_install_unwrapped.bin
Advert
Old 04-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #48
NiLuJe
BLAM!

And what about this:

Code:
cd /mnt/us
dd if=Update_mkk-20140214-k5-ALL_install.bin bs=192 count=1 2>|/dev/null | tail -c +65 >| "mkk.psig"
tail -c +$(expr 192 + 1) "Update_mkk-20140214-k5-ALL_install.bin" 2>|/dev/null | openssl dgst -sha256 -verify "/etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem" -signature "mkk.psig"
Old 04-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #49
Lykos
Lykos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
oO I think that might just be it
Is there someone who accepts a small paypal donation for my utter stupidity?
Code:
[root@kindle root]# openssl
openssl: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Lykos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:38 PM   #50
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Hurray! That's it, you can forget my two command dump posts .

If you don't have a backup of it, you should be able to rip the original openssl binary & libs from the full amazon update corresponding to your FW version (with KindleTool, and preferably a Linux system to loop-mount the ext3 image painlessly).

What's shipped with USBNetwork won't help you, that's OpenSSL 1.0.1g, and only the library, not the binary. Although if you need a quick and dirty hot fix, I might have the corresponding binary still laying around in my build tree.

EDIT: Or, of course, you *should* be able to just downgrade/upgrade your FW version, provided you don't click the UYK link after putting an official update file, and just reboot straightaway, that'll take care of everything. That solution also implies running something earlier than FW 5.4.2.1 if you're doing a downgrading (or reinstalling the exact same FW version).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-19-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Advert
Old 04-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #51
Lykos
Lykos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hurray it worked, thank you very much!
How can I repay you?
Lykos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #52
NiLuJe
BLAM!

By being careful what you do on your device, in particular on the rootfs? ;D
Old 05-02-2014, 07:19 PM   #53
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle PW2 special offers removed by Amazon for FREE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Check the bottom left corner of the screen (during the update process, before it reboots) for the proper update error code.

Alternatively, if you can, check the system logs (over SSH, or from a ;dm dump).
what should i look for in the system logs.
user743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:28 PM   #54
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@user743: What's your issue?
Old 05-02-2014, 07:36 PM   #55
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle PW2 special offers removed by Amazon for FREE
I get a invalid certificate error when trying to open KUAL. I cant reinstall mkk. i get a error. I think it was 0007 or 007.

The problem started when i unregistered and reregistered my pw2 5.4.2.1.

I think it's still jail broken, because the front light hack is still working.

Last edited by user743; 05-02-2014 at 07:42 PM.
user743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:15 PM   #56
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@user743: Nope, reinstall the JB, then MKK, that should do it .
Old 05-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #57
Brynwall
Enthusiast
Brynwall began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Has anybody ever had an issue where the PW2 decided that the application wasn't installed anymore? I re-installed it and it worked, but for some reason it just stopped working (nothing additional was installed when this happened).
Brynwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #58
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Brynwall: What do you mean when you say 'application'?
Old 05-28-2014, 02:26 AM   #59
bamvor
bamvor began at the beginning.

Device: kwp2
does anyone know that whether it apply to kwp2 5.4.3.2?
thanks.
bamvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:25 AM   #60
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamvor View Post
does anyone know that whether it apply to kwp2 5.4.3.2?
thanks.
Yes, someone does.
Yes, it does.
Your welcome.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindlet, mkk