Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-31-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
ewatasin
time traveler
ewatasin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thumbs up Gothic Steampunk gaslamp adventure, Dark Victorian: RISEN, Free 'til June 3rd!

Hello Friends!
Dark Victorian: RISEN is FREE for Kindle download until June 3rd, this Monday.

“Way will open."

She is Artifice.
A resurrected criminal and agent of HRH Prince Albert’s Secret Commission.
An artificial ghost.
A Quaker.

He is Jim Dastard.
The oldest surviving agent of the Secret Commission.
An animated skull.
A mentor to newly resurrected agents.

It is 1880 in a mechanical and supernatural London. Agents of Prince Albert’s Secret Commission, their criminal pasts wiped from their memories, are resurrected to fight the eldritch evils that threaten England. Amidst this turmoil, Jim Dastard and his new partner Artifice must stop a re-animationist raising murderous dead children. As Art and Jim pursue their quarry, Art discovers clues about her past self, and through meeting various intriguing women—a journalist, a medium, a prostitute, and a mysterious woman in black—where her heart lies. Yet the question remains: What sort of criminal was she? A new beginning, a new identity, and new dangers await Art as she fights for the Secret Commission and for her second life.

I welcome you to download at:
RISEN for Kindle US
And for my UK friends: RISEN for Kindle UK

Thank you, and Enjoy! ^,.,^
ewatasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Got it.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
Byrdie
Walking Library
Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle Paperwhite 5, 16 gb version
Thank you, sounds interesting. :-)
Byrdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:55 PM   #4
BexBits
Zealot
BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook classic, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD
Sounds just up my alley -- will there be an epub ?
BexBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:10 AM   #5
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BexBits View Post
Sounds just up my alley -- will there be an epub ?
Why not use Calibre and make your own epub version?
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #6
BexBits
Zealot
BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
Why not use Calibre and make your own epub version?
Because I really prefer to just buy and read. I do know how to use calibre to convert from one to another format (assuming there is no DRM involved) but prefer to buy in epub so it is simply click and read.

Last edited by BexBits; 06-02-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BexBits View Post
Because I really prefer to just buy and read. I do know how to use calibre to convert from one to another format (assuming there is no DRM involved) but prefer to buy in epub so it is simply click and read.

Do this in calibre:

1) ADD BOOKS
2) CONVERT BOOKS
3) [choose] MOBI

You're finished. Most of the little indpendent novels, stories, flash fiction pieces, novelettes, novellas, don't have DRM. They're lucky if someone even reads their work - whatever it is and whatever form it may take.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-02-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #8
ewatasin
time traveler

Thank you all for downloading, I appreciate it!
Bexbits, there is an epub version over at B&N, Smashwords etc, BUT turned off for now because I had to join KDP Select for the free promotion in exchange for 3 months of exclusivity! I can turn it all 'on' again by end of July, I think. :-/
Old 06-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #9
gdimike
gdimike doesn't littergdimike doesn't littergdimike doesn't litter

Device: nook classic, kobo Wifi, Kindle, Kindle Touch
Thanks!
gdimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #10
BexBits
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewatasin View Post
Thank you all for downloading, I appreciate it!
Bexbits, there is an epub version over at B&N, Smashwords etc, BUT turned off for now because I had to join KDP Select for the free promotion in exchange for 3 months of exclusivity! I can turn it all 'on' again by end of July, I think. :-/
Thanks -- I added it to my watch for list.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:58 AM   #11
ewatasin
time traveler

Thanks, BexBits!

Tags
gothic, speculative fiction, steampunk, victorian era