Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
dazzyk
dazzyk began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for all the info here

As a new pocket edge owner, I just wanted to offer a special thank you to all who've made the effort to post info here on these models. Knowing how I love to tinker with things, recently a friend gave me one that he had bricked to play with. Well with the help of this forum, I had the pocket edge up and running in less than 10 minutes. Ok, about 20 by the time I downloaded the files and such. But still, amazing.

I also immediately put 2 apps from the android market on the pocket edge that I find very useful that I've not seen others mention here in connection with the pocket edge. Perhaps others will too. Both are free and appear based on my limited testing to work fine on the unit. One is MySimple with Dropbox. This is a very handy interface to use with Dropbox for moving files to and from cloud storage. The other is GrooveIP Lite, which interfaces with Google Voice to allow free US based wi-fi calling (both in and out).
dazzyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi dazzyk! Welcome!!

Thank you for the suggested apps. MySimple might be one I can use. I have had my PE for a year and a half now, and tend to make do with what I have rather than go looking for new apps, so it's good to hear from someone just discovering the little beauty!!

Oh, and -- speaking for everyone () -- you are most welcome!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert