Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
Fossilbooks
Fossilbooks began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Drag and Drop does not work

I bought my Kobo a couple of days ago in Toronto, ON Canada.
I have downloaded an epub file from my public library. When I connect Kobo by USB and choose "manage library", I get the kobo reader icon in the navigation pane of ADE. But when I try to drag the book to Koboereader icon on ADE I get the message "No permission to copy the document here."
What am I doing wrong? I have an Adobe ID, and have authorized my computer. Do I have to do something to authorize my Kobo? The literature says once authorized, I can copy to 5 different computers or ereaders.
(Your forum answered another problem of mine: getting rid of a book that had already been returned, and that ADE kept finding. Good stuff. Thanks.)
Mo
Fossilbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
I think if the Kobo icon is shown in the pane by ADE then it's authorized, but you said you had some other problem, so you may want to de-authorize the reader and then re-authorize it.

With ADE open and the reader connected press Ctrl + Shift + E. ADE will ask if you are sure and you select Yes.

Then unplug and then replug the reader into the PC and ADE will popup a box saying a new device is detected to be authorized.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
Fossilbooks

I did what you said, but when I did CTR Shift +E, nothing happened. I unplugged anyway, and replugged, and ADE did not detect a new device. All looked normal, including the book which I still could not drag to Kobo.
Mo
Old 05-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
See if anything here might be of any help:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/680110
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
Fossilbooks

Thanks! I went to that website and found the method. It finally worked. Thanks for the hint.
Moira
Advert