Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #316
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
weird. i clicked the link and got the list of books available for the sale. i picked up 3 for 2 credits.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #317
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
When I click the link, I get the "We're sorry, this offer is not currently available" message. The offer may be only available to select members or membership levels (I'm a Premium Listener).
Do you have at least 2 credits available? In the past this deal hasn't always shown for folks that don't have the credits available. If it's not that I'm not sure. Maybe it doesn't work with grandfathered premium membership packages? I have a Platinum account (wish I could get one of the old packages with more credit/month).

EDIT: I see you posted you have 2 credits. Perhaps it's the older grandfathered membership package? Maybe they forgot to include those when they coded the sale?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #318
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

EDIT: I see you posted you have 2 credits. Perhaps it's the older grandfathered membership package? Maybe they forgot to include those when they coded the sale?
I don't think they forgot to code it, I'm sure it's on purpose. They would love to get rid of the legacy memberships but I'm keeping mine.

The thing is even though I'm a legacy member, I still buy *a lot* of audiobooks. I recently purchased the whole Travis McGee series (21 books) outright. Some on sale and some full price.

I think I'll write a little note to Audible.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #319
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Since I have been looking for work, my audible has been put on hold for a while. These free books are great. Thanks to all who find them. I just changed my membership since I had the money. Bought the 12 credits so I could take advantage of the sale plus not have to put my membership on hold again.
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #320
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Nothing in this sale that interests me. It seems they always have the same selections for romances.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #321
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Update!

I emailed Audible about my inability to use the link and I got a phone call from them. After trying both Chrome and IE, I am unable to see the sale banner when I sign in. They promised me that my being a legacy Premium Listener had nothing to do with whatever the problem is. They were kind enough to issue me an additional credit (now I have 3 instead of 2) and because I can't see the banner or link to the sale books, I am not tied to the 200 books being used as part of the sale!

I retract the bad comments I made about Audible trying to get rid of legacy memberships. There really does seem to be some kind of glitch.

I am now going shopping!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #322
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Nothing in this sale that interests me. It seems they always have the same selections for romances.
I got the 3 titles from the Elder Races series by Thea Harrison. I read the 1st book and loved it. It was great so I wanted to listen instead. I had not seen them before but could be because of me being in hold.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #323
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
I got the 3 Elder Races series by Thea Harrison. I read the 1st book and loved it. It was great so I wanted to listen instead. I had not seen them before but could be because of me being in hold.
I have them but have not listen to them. It's on my 2013 TBR list.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #324
auntykatkat
Evangelist

Quote:
Update!

I emailed Audible about my inability to use the link and I got a phone call from them. After trying both Chrome and IE, I am unable to see the sale banner when I sign in. They promised me that my being a legacy Premium Listener had nothing to do with whatever the problem is. They were kind enough to issue me an additional credit (now I have 3 instead of 2) and because I can't see the banner or link to the sale books, I am not tied to the 200 books being used as part of the sale!

I retract the bad comments I made about Audible trying to get rid of legacy memberships. There really does seem to be some kind of glitch.

I am now going shopping!
have fun. Glad you could get your stories.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #325
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I encountered a glitch getting Treasure Island from Downpour. The code kept coming up as invalid, no matter how I entered it (freeisland, FREEISLAND, Freeisland, etc). I then called Downpour customer service and the rep had the same problem. So she placed the order for me and I was able to get it for free.

This was my first dealing with Downpour's customer service and I would rate it as excellent. The rep was very friendly and helpful.

And, I wasn't the only one who had this problem. Downpour is aware of it and they're trying to get it resolved. In the meantime, if any of you can't get the code to work, give Downpour a call.
  • Downpour: 1-855-369-6768

Last edited by tubemonkey; 05-02-2013 at 06:03 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #326
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Thanks for the note on Downpour. I entered mine yesterday and had no problem, at all, so it must be an intermittent issue.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #327
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Update!

I am now going shopping!
Glad the got you squared away and with an even better deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Thanks for the note on Downpour. I entered mine yesterday and had no problem, at all, so it must be an intermittent issue.
Mine worked OK yesterday too.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #328
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
This was my first dealing with Downpour's customer service and I would rate it as excellent. The rep was very friendly and helpful.
I have been dealing with their email customer service some time ago and was equally pleased with it. Prompt and helpful responses, and they also placed orders for me, including one for a free download.

So, if you aren't in the US and don't want to phone them, just send them an email.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #329
SleepyBob
Evangelist
SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Buy 4, Get $10 offer from Audible has expired. The $10 credit will be placed in your account between 01~05 May. You'll be notified by email when it happens. This credit will expire 31 May 2013.
Where do you see the $10 when it is in your account?
SleepyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #330
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyBob View Post
Where do you see the $10 when it is in your account?
They usually send an email (I got one earlier today) and then it's listed right below where they list your available credits.