Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-30-2012, 06:04 AM   #35206
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Thanks for the Birthday wishes all. I am now waiting for the rest of the household to get up so I can open my presents .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:28 AM   #35207
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Ohhhh more presents. Have a great time!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #35208
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Thanks for the Birthday wishes all. I am now waiting for the rest of the household to get up so I can open my presents .
With a birthday so close to Christmas, do you get "A" Birthdaychristmas present? That was always my biggest gripe with mine so close.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #35209
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
With a birthday so close to Christmas, do you get "A" Birthdaychristmas present? That was always my biggest gripe with mine so close.

Stitchawl
Exactly that. Doesn't bother me now, but when I was a kid it seemed really unfair. Nowadays, people conveniently forget it's my Birthday altogether, including my Mother (well, she did Skype this morning to wish me a happy B'day, but diddly squat in terms of a gift).
Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #35210
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Exactly that. Doesn't bother me now, but when I was a kid it seemed really unfair.
Me TOO!! It really bummed me out. "Hey kid, here's your Birthdaychristmaschanukah present." I may be the reason that these days I just buy what ever I want when I want, to make up for it.

Quote:
Nowadays, people conveniently forget it's my Birthday altogether, including my Mother (well, she did Skype this morning to wish me a happy B'day, but diddly squat in terms of a gift).
My mother was obsessive about remembering things like that, and had a calendar book that even included the approximate mailing times so cards or gifts would reach people right on the proper day, for birthdays or anniversaries. My son, on the other hand, usually remembers either a month before or a week after, although now that he's married, I noticed that the birthday card I received (on time) was addressed in her handwriting. He did, however, e-mail me on the day itself. Anyway, enjoy YOUR day. I hope you receive a pony and a submarine! Or at least a new sled!

Stitchawl
Old 12-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #35211
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
I may be the reason that these days I just buy what ever I want when I want, to make up for it.
. THAT explains why I so love to self-indulge. Never thought of why before. Well I'm just off to open my TWO presents that I did get (not counting my early one yesterday, the video card that I opened a day early out of necessity).
Old 12-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #35212
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
My nephews birthday is Dec 31. They have a family party on the day and his friend party in July.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #35213
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Happy birthday, orlok, and congratulations on another smoke-free day, WT Sharpe!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #35214
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:

Stitchawl
I had the same problem as a kid - I never had a separate birthday present until I was an adult. Kind of sucks when you're a kid.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #35215
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I had the same problem as a kid - I never had a separate birthday present until I was an adult. Kind of sucks when you're a kid.
Especially when you've been wanting a "Super-Atomic BeezleBlaster" that's being advertised on the Saturday morning Cartoon channel, and you find yourself with new socks and underwear... KNOWING there won't be a second chance.

Stitchawl
Old 12-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #35216
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Especially when you've been wanting a "Super-Atomic BeezleBlaster" that's being advertised on the Saturday morning Cartoon channel, and you find yourself with new socks and underwear... KNOWING there won't be a second chance.

Stitchawl
I wanted the "Jungle Larry" safari set - complete with molded plastic pith helmet!
Old 12-31-2012, 02:25 AM   #35217
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm doubting my new Kindle will arrive today. UPS still insists it will be delivered today but the last scan was twelve hours ago when it went on it's way from the US to Europe. But I'm up early (too early for a day off) just in case.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #35218
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I got one REALLY GREAT Christmas gift: My wife is having some artwork framed for me. It's something I bought some time ago and had always meant to get framed, but you know how financial priorities get in the way of our desires! So when my wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I told her I wanted that artwork framed. It should be ready around the middle of January.

It's called simply "Tree." Some of you just may recognize the artist.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:11 PM   #35219
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Of course, the year I finally remember to buy ear plugs the neighbouring students don't seem to throw a New Year's party (runs around the room to knock on every bit of wood). Just like when you take a umbrella with you it never rains, yet when you decide not to take one there's heavy rain.

It seems most people are done with setting off fireworks so I'm going to make a cup of tea and read in bed for a while.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #35220
poohbear_nc
Now what?

I had a "magical" experience driving home from work tonight. I came around a curve and saw what appeared to be a large dog on the side of the road. I slowed down in case a rescue was needed -- and saw it was a deer -- a little doe was standing by the roadside .... waiting to cross! I rolled by slowly ... she looked both ways and then trotted to the center of the road ... stopped and looked again ... and crossed safely! I couldn't believe it!

Deer are evolving to coexist with road traffic!

A real Disney moment!

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?